Thursday, October 7, 2010

CQC53 Wish Big

Hi Stampers!  

I know I should be preparing for my workshop on Saturday, but I just had to create a card using the colors from this week’s ColourQ #53 - check out http://colourq.blogspot.com/ for lovely samples from the Design Team (as well as all of the other entries).    I decided to use the Stamping411 with the Operators sketch SSC171 again (see http://www.stamping411.blogspot.com/ - such a great sketch!).





This card was quick and easy- I stamped the floral image from Just Believe with Pacific Point and used SU! Markers in Pear Pizzazz and Pumpkin Pie to color in the flowers.  I used a  the Color Spritzer Tool and a SU! Baja Breeze Marker to add a little interest in the background.

After layering the panels, I used a previously embossed piece of Whisper White and mounted this onto the Pacific Point and Pear Pizzazz layer.  I originally had a simple stamped sentiment with three pearls to the left, but I did not like the way that turned out so I decided to layer behind the sentiment with the Decorative XL Punch.

Stamp Sets:  Just Believe, Short & Sweet
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Pacific Point, Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie
Ink: Pacific Point                              
Accessories: Big Shot, Finial Press EF, Color Spritzer Tool, SU! Markers- Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzazz, Pumpkin Pie, 5/8” Pumpkin Pie Satin Ribbon, Decorative Label XL Punch, Pearls

Thanks again for taking the time to visit and I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

11 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Very pretty card Julie. Love the coloring. TFS

Connie Babbert said...

Love the colors on your card, Julie! I never think to color in those circles!

Selene Kempton said...

So fun!! I really love the colors!

Kerin said...

Oh my, love the colors, the pearls, and that perfect bow! Great job!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!

Crystal said...

Oh, Julie. I've NEVER thought to color in those circles! Thank you so much for making me think outside the box, lol! :) Lovely card! tfs

kasia c. said...

Sometimes colours just speak to you! This card is beautiful. I love how you coloured in the flower images. It adds such a great focal point. Thanks so much for playing along with ColourQ this week. :)

Sylvia said...

Hi Julie, I am impressed with all your coloring! I bet it is simply gorgeous in real life, because it is beautiful in the photograph. thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge this week!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Very pretty love what you did with the challenges!

Unknown said...

SO cute! I love it! Wonderful job and I'm so glad you joined us at the Colour Q this week!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I really like how you used the circle image on this layout.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...