Monday, January 11, 2021

Hug in a Mug

Hi Friends!

Today I am sharing a card that was posted to the Stamp Simply blog yesterday (my apologies for the late post to my blog).  

We finally were able to celebrate Christmas plus all of the 2020 birthdays in my family this past week (in addition to our anniversary and remodeling, lol!) so I am a bit behind on my blog post, again, my apologies.

This card was designed using the new Coffee & Friends 6x6 Paper Pad by Echo Park along with stamps and dies from Stamp Simply.


I love the new
Coffee & Friends paper- the patterns are so pretty, and the colors of spring help cheer you up on dreary winter days, lol!  I paired the paper with the coffee themed stamp sets and coordinating dies as well as a few new to me items from Stamp Simply (including their color coordinating seam binding- this one is Tangerine- isn’t it lovely?)!

I enjoy participating in online challenges and, in addition to incorporating the Splitcoaststampers SC390 Sketch for the layout (from 2012-so thankful that their challenges never expire),  I am also linking to the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge #303 “Karen’s Anything Goes with a Feminine Twist” and Shopping Our Stash #436 “What’s New with You” Challenge (the paper, embossing folder, ribbon and oval dies are all new and the rest is from my stash).

 

If you have not had a chance to stop by the Stamp Simply blog yet, or the other the challenge sites, I encourage you to take the time to do so- fabulous inspiration from all!

This card took a bit of time but was easy to create- mostly die cutting, dry embossing, layering and just a bit of stamping for the sentiment. 


The new Coffee & Friends paper did most of the work for me, lol!  I used a scrap piece of die cut lace that I had in my stash along with a heat embossed sentiment from Coffee or Tea?  Plus, the coffee/teacup die is from the coordinating dies from Coffee or Tea?

The banner was created using the Fishtail Sentiments Banner dies and the background was embossed with the Lace embossing folder.

After die cutting the hem-stitch oval from white cardstock, I heat embossed the Coffee or Tea? sentiment using clear embossing powder.

A little bit of the tangerine seam binding plus the pearls and the card was finished!


Stamp Sets:  Coffee or Tea? (Stamp Simply)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine Onyx Black

Cardstock/Paper:  White, Black; Coffee & Friends 6x6 Paper Pad by Echo Park

Accessories/Tools:  Gemini, Jr., Stamp Simply Dies- Coffee or Tea?, Fishtail Sentiment Banners; Hemstitch Ovals (Spellbinders), Sizzix Thinlits Dies by Tim Holtz- Crochet, Sizzix Texture Fades A2 Embossing Folder- Lace, Embossing Powder Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Pearls, Tangerine Seam Binding


Thanks again for taking the time to stop by- I hope you have a fabulous week, sweet friends!

2 comments:

Dawn T said...

such a pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

CherylQuilts said...

Julie, I absolutely LOVE this card! You are so amazing, and what a beautiful card for a coffee or tea person. I hope to make some of these for a dear friend who now lives in Tennessee. Hugs and love and blessings, precious friend! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...