Saturday, March 13, 2021

Easter Trio of Tags

Hi Friends!

Today I am sharing a set of Easter tags designed with the Stamp Simply February Mini Release Stamp/Die Bundle sets, He Lives and Easter is for Jesus along with the Welcome Easter 6x6 Paper Pad and other supplies from Stamp Simply.


Generally, when I am creating cards, I will stamp additional images while I have the stamps/dies out and save for a future project.  As I was straightening up my desk area, I noticed several scraps of the Welcome Easter paper along with a few stamped images plus scraps of die cut lace, that I thought would be perfect for tags.



As many of you know, I enjoy playing along with online challenges and will be linking the daffodil tag to the Tic-Tac-Toe #104 Challenge (middle column down Die-Cut, Flower, Colouring) along with the Word Art Wednesday #481-#482 “Anything Goes” Challenge.

I will also be adding the bunny tag to the Animal Friends "March Bunnies” Challenge.

If you have not had time to check out the Stamp Simply blog or the above challenge sites yet, I hope you will do so- fabulous inspiration from all!

To create the trio of tags:

Die cut three tags from white cardstock using the second to the largest die in the Sizzix Framelits Dies- Tim Holtz Tag Collection.


De-static white cardstock for the stamped images using an embossing powder tool, stamp the rabbit and egg images from Easter is for Jesus stamp/die bundle along with the Daffodil image from He Lives using a pigment black ink onto the prepared cardstock, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.

Die-cut the eggs, rabbit and daffodils using the coordinating dies (I also die cut additional pieces from white cardstock to mount behind the colored images to give them additional strength).

De-static scraps of white cardstock and heat emboss the sentiments with clear embossing powder (as in the steps above), Die cut the sentiments with the Stamp Simply Fishtail Sentiments Banners dies and layer along with the scraps of Welcome Easter, Crochet Lace pieces and stamped images onto the tags.

Add a bit of tangerine seam binding to finish off the tags.

Stamp/Die Sets: He Lives, Easter is for Jesus (Stamp Simply)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black, Water-based Markers- Zig® Clean Color and Stampin’ Up!

Paper: White Cardstock, Welcome Easter 6x6 Paper Pad by Echo Park


Accessories/Tools: Gemini, Jr., Stamp Simply Dies- He Lives, Easter is for Jesus,
Fishtail Sentiment Banners, Sizzix Thinlit Dies by Tim Holtz- Crochet, Sizzix Framelits Dies- Tim Holtz Tag Collection, EK Success Powder Tool Applicator, Ranger Super Fine Embossing Powder- Clear , ½” Seam Binding- Tangerine


Thanks again for taking the time to visit- I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!


4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Julie, these are such pretty Easter tags! You're so creative!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

A trio of beautiful tags Julie although I am partial to a spring daffodil so that one is a clear favourite for me! A great way to use up those extra bits and pieces too! Thanks for playing along with us over at TicTacToe this week!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Such sweet, beautiful Easter tags, Julie! Also, I love your blog header. I love Him too. :-D

FreeToBeMe..LisaJ said...

Julie, such a lovely trio of Easter Tags, great gifts. I love the beautiful colored Easter Eggs, Thank you so much for playing along with us this week over at Tic Tac Toe challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...