Wednesday, February 16, 2022

The Card Concept #169 Cozy Cabin Challenge

 



Hi Friends!

It’s time for the #169 {Cozy Cabin} Challenge at The Card Concept!

I just love this inspiration photo!  The colors, the sweet little black dog on the pillow, the black dog figurines, the patterns and textures as well as the cozy theme inspired me to create a set of four Clean and Graphic/ Clean and Layered cards.

I decided to use the Stack -n- Cut Quilt technique (from Splitcoaststampers) for the background design.  I love the SNCQ technique and how you can create quick cards from single sheets of cardstock or designer paper. I also incorporated another favorite technique of mine, embossing- I use heat embossing on almost every card, lol!  

I enjoy playing along with online challenges and am playing along with the  “As You See It Challenge #268 “Techniques, Techniques” Challenge- Fav Technique of Mine is ……” Fav technique would be Heat Embossing and the Stack -n- Cut Quilt :-) 

I also incorporated the Tic-Tac-Toe #148 Challenge into the design- diagonal White- Free- Sentiment, across Sentiment-Embellishment (Ribbon)- Die Cut and down White, Stitching (Faux) and Die Cut.

If you have not had a chance to visit us at The Card Concept (or the other challenge sites) yet, I hope you will take the time to do so! Wonderful inspiration from the rest of the Design Team at The Card Concept as well as the As You See It and Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge galleries!


Here is the entire set together:-) 



To create this set of cards:

Layer four pieces of cardstock together- I used solid colors versus patterned paper- White, Bashful Blue, Real Red and Midnight Muse. Since the cardstock is thicker, I did have a few rough edges but I trimmed slivers off the rough edges after the initial cutting.

On four pieces of scrap white cardstock (I have a very thin white cardstock in my stash), layer each piece of the stacked quilt pieces in a different position on each background. 

Adhere the pieces to the scrap background, and once finished, emboss with an embossing folder.

Trim the panels, mount onto white cardstock, trim again and mount onto black cardstock, trim once more and mount onto red cardstock.

Wrap a piece of 1” black satin ribbon over the background and wrap the ends behind the panel. Adhere the background panels onto a white card base.


De-static white cardstock with an embossing powder tool, stamp the sentiments from Scripture Medley 5 (retired Verve Stamps) with Versafine™ Onyx Black ink, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.

Once the embossing has cooled, die cut the verse sentiments with a stitched rectangle die, mount onto black cardstock and trim close to the edge.

Adhere to the card front with dimensional foam (or chipboard).

Die cut the various dog silhouette dies from black cardstock (I cut two of each).  Layer the die cuts together to create a thicker die cut.

To finish off the cards, mount a dog die cut to the card fronts with dimensional foam or chipboard.

Stamp Sets:  Scripture Medley 5 (retired Verve Stamps)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black

Cardstock/Paper:  White, Black; Real Red, retired Bashful Blue, retired Midnight Muse (all Stampin’ Up!)

Accessories/Tools:  Big Shot™, retired Lacy Brocade Embossing Folder (Stampin’ Up!), Embossing Powder Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Dog Dies (not sure of the manufacturer), 1” Black Satin Ribbon (from my stash)

Thanks again for taking the time to visit- I hope you have a chance to check out the rest of The Card Concept Design Team cards and, if you have time, create a card based on our inspiration photo and join us!

8 comments:

Kathy said...

These are just beautiful, love the verses and the dog dies, well really everything!

Heather said...

Dang, Julie, I love everything about these cards! Awesome color play - totally trying that! Fabulous sentiments, and wowza on those dogs! EEE! I am smitten with it all! You pied piper, you! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Jan Clothier said...

Welcome back, Julie! It's been a wee while since you've played with us and, as always, you've shared something amazing. I love this technique and have often used it with fabric but never with card. I'm going to give it a whirl. Love your creations! Thank you for joining in with us again at As You See It Challenge.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Julie, I really like this set of cards. Nice colors. Fun design. Perfect!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

That background is amazing Julie - so cleverly pieced together and a great way to make multiples that are 'variations on a theme'. Thanks for sharing with us over at As You See It and TicTacToe this week!

Heather Cooper said...

I've never heard of this technique, Julie, but now I have to try it out! I can't believe you pieced all those colours together differently for each card. They fit so well! It's like playing with Tangrams or Tetris! Thanks for sharing your technique with us at As You See It Challenges!

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi Julie! I love these cards! I am super intrigued by this technique and need to give it a try! Amazing how these come together! Thank you for playing along with As You See It!

LeAnne said...

These are so cool! I should give this technique a try...I've done something similar, but not embossed! The dogs are a perfect finish, too! Thanks for sharing it with us at As You See It as well as the Tic Tac Toe challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...