Saturday, December 3, 2022

Beginning of Knowledge




Hi Friends!

Today I am sharing a quick card using stamps, dies and other supplies all from Stamp Simply!

This year (since my husband passed away in April) I have been busy with yard work, especially this fall with all of the leaves.  We have six majestic oaks that tend to drop their leaves late in the year, so needless to say, I have not had as much time to spend time stamping as I would like.

Since I have more limited time creating, I am trying to create more clean and layered cards using items that I have on my desk, etc.

I had the white tag already die cut and decided to pull out the A Man of Knowledge set and paired it with the Have A Cup On Us Bundle to create a card for one of the ladies in our Bible Study.  

I love A Man of Knowledge stamp set, it is so versatile for feminine and masculine cards!

This was an easy card to create:



Emboss a piece of white cardstock using the Sizzix 3D Texture Fades Intertwine Embossing Folder (this was the first time that I had a chance to use this folder- I love the texture and it even leaves a few openings just like it would if you were to weave the pieces).

Trim the embossed panel and mount onto a piece of black cardstock.

Wrap a piece of Rachel 1.5” White Lace, wrap the ends behind the panel.

Mount the panel onto a white card base.

Ink the stack of books from A Man of Knowledge stamp set with Versafine Onyx Black ink, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.



Once the embossing has cooled, color the books with water-based makers and fussy cut the books (cutting a few apart).

De-static the upper portion of the tag, stamp the sentiment from A Man of Knowledge with Versafine Black Onyx ink, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.

Adhere the stacked books onto the tag (I still have a set of three books from the original image left over for another project). 

Add the peach seam binding tied with natural twine and adhere the tag to the card front with dimensional foam.

The cup image was on my desk as well from a previous day of stamping (I heat embossed the image from Have A Cup on Us and die cut with the coordinating die).  I used a masking technique to stamp/heat emboss the snowflake strip from  Snowflake Blessings Strip stamp set onto the die cut coffee cup image.

Use a light blue water-based marker to color the snowflake on the coffee cup, adhere to the card front and add a pearl to the center of the snowflake to finish off the card.

I enjoy participating with online challenges and will be linking this card to the
Double D “Hot Beverage” Challenge along with the Simon Says Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge.

Stamp Sets: A Man of Knowledge , Have A Cup On Us Bundle, Snowflake Blessings Border Strip (Stamp Simply)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine Onyx Black, Water-based Markers

Cardstock/Paper: White, Black


Accessories/Tools: Gemini, Jr. , Stamp Simply Dies- Have A Cup On Us Bundle, Sizzix Thinlit Dies by Tim Holtz- Tag Collection, Sizzix 3D Texture Fades A6 Embossing Folder- Intertwine, Rachel 1.5” Lace – 3 yds White, Seam Binding Sampler- Spring- 30 yds, Kaisercraft Self-Adhesive Pearls- Pearl








Also, check out the current December special from Stamp Simply! 


Thanks again for taking the time to visit- I hope all of you have a great week!
 

1 comment:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Julie, your card is gorgeous! The white background, sweet images, and many layers and details go together so beautifully!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...