Saturday, March 25, 2023

They Shall Be Comforted


Hi Friends!

This week the Design Team at Stamp Simply are sharing cards for life events.  I decided to create a sympathy card, since unfortunately, I never seem to have enough sympathy cards on file.

As many of you who follow my blog know, I enjoy playing along with online challenges and I decided to incorporate the Freshly Made Sketch #578 into the design.

I like the clean lines on this sketch and it was perfect for a scrap piece of designer paper that I had on my desk :-)

I am also playing along with the Word Art Wednesday #587-#588 “Anything Goes” Challenge.

I hope you have a chance to check out the rest of the inspiration from the Stamp Simply Design Team as well as from the other challenge sites.



The floral image from the Pretty Poppies Bundle was stamped with Versafine Black Onyx ink and once heat set with a heat tool, water-colored with water-based markers and pencils.  Highlights in the floral centers were created with an extra fine paint marker.



The floral image was die cut with the coordinating die and layered onto another die cut from white cardstock.

The background panels were stenciled using a stencil brush with Crushed Olive Distress Oxide ink and the Tim Holtz Flourish Layering Stencil.



A piece of Farmer’s Market (Echo Park) paper was used for the horizontal strip.

The verse from the Blessings/Beatitudes 1 clear stamp set was heat embossed with gold embossing powder.

The pearls were added in the upper right hand corner to finish off the card.



Stamp Sets:   Pretty Poppies Bundle, Blessings/Beatitudes 1  (Stamp Simply)

Inks/Mediums:  Versafine Onyx Black, Versamark, Watercolor Pencils, Water-based Markers (Flirty Flamingo, Poppy Parade, Old Olive, Mossy Meadow), Extra Fine White Paint Pen


Cardstock/Paper: White, Black,  Echo Park Farmer’s Market 6x6 Paper Pad

Accessories/Tools: Gemini, Jr., Stamp Simply Clear Stamps- Pretty Poppies Bundle, Tim Holtz Layering Stencil- Flourish, Kaisercraft Self-Adhesive Round Pearls- Pearls, Heat Tool, Gold Embossing Powder





Also, don’t forget to check out the wonderful array of Easter/Spring sets at Stamp Simply!  Easter is just a few days away!

Thanks again for taking the time to visit!  I hope you can drop by again soon.  

 


3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Julie, this is so pretty! The vibrant poppies look fabulous!

Jacquie Southas said...

Such a lovely design for a sympathy card! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Karen Letchworth said...

What a wonderful and super stunning card, Julie. Stamp Simple really does have the best selection of stamps and so much more. I enjoy creating with them so much, and seeing a gorgeous card like this just inspires me even more. Thank you so much for stopping by to share your wonderful art in our challenges at Word Art Wednesday. It makes me so happy, and I praise God for the art you share with us. I hope you have a wonderfully blessed week. I'm always here for you.
Hugs,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...