Saturday, April 8, 2023

We Love Because He First Loved Us


Hi Friends!

This week the Design Team at Stamp Simply are sharing cards using the Farmhouse Series Sentiments.  I love the combination of fonts used for all of the Farmhouse sets plus they are on sale this week!


I decided to create another quick card for Easter- I have found that lately I have been gravitating toward cards that are easy to mail with less bulk (I have not been able to hand-deliver my cards like I used to).


As many of you who follow my blog know, I enjoy playing along with online challenges and I decided to incorporate the
Simon Monday “Add Texture” Challenge  (the texture of the embossing folder in the background), the Fab -n- Funky #590 “Use Die Cuts” Challenge and the Can You Handle the Pressure “Anything Goes with a twist of Clouds” Challenge (I chose not to include the optional clouds :-)).

If you have not done so, I hope you have a chance to check out the inspiration from the Stamp Simply Design Team as well as from the other challenge sites! Gorgeous inspiration from all!


The white cardstock background was embossed with the Crosses embossing folder.  I trimmed the edges and mounted onto a piece of black cardstock.

The heart die from the Farmhouse Pierced Nested Hearts was used to cut a piece from the rose pattern Vivid Ink Drops 6x6 paper pad and two from black cardstock. 

The sentiment from the Farmhouse Scriptural Quotes stamp set was stamped with Versafine Black Onyx ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder onto the rose heart die cut before layering onto the two black die cut hearts.

Two of the crosses were die cut from black cardstock (using the larger cross in the Cross Die set) and one was die cut (and embossed) from silver mirror cardstock. FYI- I generally die cut three of most dies to give them stability (almost as thick as chipboard).

The heart/verse sentiment die cut and cross were layered with dimensional foam and the entire panel was adhered to a white card front.



Stamp Sets:   Farmhouse Scriptural Quotes (Stamp Simply) 

Inks/Mediums:  Versafine Onyx Black 

Cardstock/Paper: White, Black, Craft Consortium Ink Drops Vivid 6x6, Bazzill Mirror Cardstock- 8.5 x 11- Silver 15 ct

Accessories/Tools: Gemini, Jr., Stamp Simply Steel Dies- Crosses,  Farmhouse Pierced Nested Hearts; Darice Embossing Folder- Crosses, Heat Tool, Clear Embossing Powder

I hope all of you have a blessed Easter and Resurrection Sunday!

Thanks again for taking the time to visit!  I hope you can drop by again soon. 

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Julie, this is stunning! Love the silver cross and more crosses in the embossed background, too!

Colleen said...

Absolutely Stunning! Love the embossed background.

Happy and Blessed Easter to you and all your family

Pat said...

Lovely Easter card with a great die cut, thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky.

Pat xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...