Wednesday, April 12, 2023

TCC193 Vintage Bee

 



Hi Friends!

Welcome to our #193 {New Arrival} or {Busy Bee} Challenge at The Card Concept! The Card Concept is a bi-weekly challenge and we would love for you to create a card based on one (or both) of our inspiration photos and join us!

I love both of these photos- The New Arrival is so cute! I love all of the sweet animals, the gorgeous cake and flowers.  Wonderful for spring cards, wedding, new baby, etc. cards!

I also love the Busy Bee photo- that room looks wonderful with all of the bees, black and yellow and fabulous patterns!


I decided to create a Shabby and Vintage Mixed Media card based on the Busy Bee photo.  I had the retired Graphic 45 French Country designer paper in my stash and thought it would be perfect for this challenge.

I enjoy participating with other online challenges (I know how much work goes into maintaining a challenge blog and want to give support).  I will be linking this card to the #102 “Layer It Up” Challenge at the Craft Rocket Challenge.  I also used the Splitcoaststampers #SC883 Sketch for the layout (modified slightly- I did not create a belly band).


If you have not already visited us at The Card Concept, I hope you will find the time to do so.  Gorgeous inspiration from the rest of the DT as well as the other challenge sites.




This card was fairly quick and easy to create. 

Trim the pieces of Graphic45 French Country 6x6 Paper to approx. 2” x 2 ⅝”, distress the edges, apply Vintage Photo distress ink over the edges.

Mount the alternating panels onto black cardstock.

Add a piece of lace trim to the center.

Mount the vintage bee image onto black cardstock, trim and mount again onto the G45 basic patterned cardstock, distress the edges and sponge vintage photo distress ink over the edges.

Mount the layered butterfly image with dimensional foam onto the middle of the card.

Mount the card front onto a white card base.  Add vintage photo distress ink over the edges.



Add a few pieces of Graphic 45 Washi Tape and apply the Nuvo™ Mustard Seed Embellishment Mousse with an honeycomb stencil and putty knife to the upper right and lower left hand panels.

Add a few pearls on the corners to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets: None

Inks/Mediums: Tim Holtz™ Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Nuvo™ Mustard Seed Embellishment Mousse

Cardstock/Paper: White, Black, French Country (retired Graphic 45)

Accessories/Tools: Distressing Tool, Putty Knife, Honeycomb Stencil, Sponge Dauber, Lace (retired Stampin’ Up!), Kaisercraft Self-Adhesive Round Pearls- Pearls

 Thanks again for taking the time to visit! I hope you are inspired to create a card and join us for our #193 {New Arrival} or {Busy Bee} Challenge at The Card Concept!.  

2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Julie, this looks great. So weathered.

My Paper Epiphany said...

So many beautiful elements! I love the gold embossing paste - so decadent!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...