Wednesday, September 9, 2026

TCC229 Sunflower Delight

 




Hi Friends!

Welcome to the #229 Sunflower Delight Challenge at The Card Concept

We are thrilled to be back from our summer break, and I absolutely love our challenge photo!  The sunflowers against the white brick background of the fireplace along with the black accents inspired me to create a Clean and Layered/ Mixed Media card.

Many of you who follow my blog know that I have a personal goal to use what I already own since I have so many stamps, designer papers, ribbons and lace, that I could create for many, many years before running out, lol! I am sure many of you can relate, lol!

I love Graphic45 papers and pulled out a sheet from their Let It Bee collection and paired it with a sentiment from Divinity Designs, LLC for this quick card.

I also like to participate in other online challenge blogs and will be linking this card to the Love Those Pretty Papers Sept 26 "Anything Goes - Fall Florals" Challenge and the Word Art Wednesday #768-#769 "Anything Goes" Challenge.  I absolutely love Graphic 45 paper and struggle to add anything to it, lol!         

We hope you will take a moment to stop by our challenge blog and check out how the rest of our fabulous Design Team were inspired as well- gorgeous cards from all!

To create this card:

Trim a piece of the 8x8 Let It Bee designer paper to approx. 3 ¾” x 5” and mount it onto a piece of black cardstock.

Trim the black cardstock to approx. 4” x 5 ¼”.

Add a piece of white crochet lace to the background panel.

Adhere a piece of 1” black grosgrain ribbon over the lace edge, wrap the ends of the ribbon around the panel.

Mount the layered panel onto a 4 ¼” x 5 ½” card base.

De-static a piece of white cardstock with an embossing powder tool. 

Ink the verse sentiment from Scripture Collection 4 (Divinity Designs, LLC) with Versafine Black Onyx ink, stamp onto the prepared cardstock, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.

Once the embossing has cooled, die cut with stitched circle die.

Die cut two additional circles from black cardstock, layer together and adhere the sentiment over the black circle “frame”.

Mount onto the card front with dimensional foam (FYI- this sentiment covers up part of the words “Let It Bee” on the background paper).

Add a pearls to the sentiment layer to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets: Scripture Collection 4 (Divinity Designs, LLC formerly Our Daily Bread Designs)

Inks/Mediums: Versafine Black Onyx

Cardstock/Paper: White, Black, Graphic45 Let It Bee Designer Paper

Accessories/Tools: Gemini, Jr., My Favorite Things Stitched Circle Dies, Embossing Powder Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, White Crochet Lace (Hobby Lobby), 1 “ Black Grosgrain Ribbon (from my stash), Pearls

We hope you are inspired to create a card and join us for our #229 Sunflower Delight Challenge.   The deadline to join us is Monday, October 12th at noon EDT.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...