Saturday, December 3, 2016

Script Alpha- Joy


Hi Friends! 

Woohoo!  It's all about Alpha's at Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps! SNSS is starting off the month  of  December with a special offer on their Alphabet  Stamp Sets- Buy 2 and Get One Free (Dec 2 - Dec 15)!!  Alphabet stamps are perfect for Scrapbooking, Card Making, Home Décor as well as Bible Art Journaling!

Believe it or not, I am still creating Christmas cards, so I decided to use the brand new SNSS Creative Worship Alpha Script Clear Stamp (designed by Rebecca Rios) to create the "JOY" sentiment and paired it with the previously released SNSS Music To My Ears and SNSS Celebrate the Savior Clear Stamp Sets.

I love the font that Rebecca used for the Alpha Script design and since they are clear stamps, it is so easy to line them up to stamp! 


I hope that in addition to checking out the challenge sites, you will take a moment to stop by the Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps blog or FB page- fabulous inspiration from my "sisters" on the SNSS Creative Team!

To create this card:

1), Create the smaller background panel using designer paper mounted onto espresso cardstock (I used some of my retired Christmas paper stash :-)).

2). Ink the SNSS Celebrate the Savior angel, poinsettias and holly images with black soot distress ink, stamp onto white cardstock and water color with ink from markers as well as direct coloring with the markers . 

Apply shimmer with a clear glitter pen to the angel’s wings, gown and white highlights with a white extra fine paint pen to the poinsettia centers.  Fussy cut the poinsettia, holly and die cut the angel with a stitched square die.

Lightly apply vintage photo distress ink over the entire angel panel, ink the SNSS Music To My Ears background image with black soot distress ink and randomly stamp parts of the background around the angel and apply vintage photo distress ink over the entire panel.

3). Ink the SNSS Alpha Script letters with cherry distress ink and stamp onto white cardstock, die cut with a stitched circle die and mat onto a split piece of espresso cardstock (also die cut with a circle die). Stamp the SNSS Music To My Ears image around the “JOY” and lightly apply vintage photo distress ink over the image.

4). Trim a piece of designer paper to 5 ¼” x 5 ¼” (again, I used retired paper from my stash), mount onto the 5 ½” square espresso card base, add the strip of cherry cardstock and adhere the stamped SNSS Music To My Ears  panel (per the sketch).

5). Add the stamped angel panel with dimensional foam and sentiment.

6). Add the cherry bow along with the poinsettias and pearls to finish off the card.

Thanks again for stopping by to visit-hugs and I hope you have a great weekend, my sweet friends!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card!!
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Challenges!!
Debbie (CCC DT)
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...