Tuesday, December 23, 2014

PPA232 Come To Bethlehem- A Quick Card from Scraps :-)

Hi Stampers!

I have been working in the craft room preparing for Christmas and decided to take a quick break to create a card for this week’s Pals Paper Arts PPA232 Sketch Challenge

This sketch will be the last one from one of their designers, Margaret Moody- I will miss Margaret’s sketches- they are always so clean and intricate!  Thanks Margaret for all of your sketches in the past and your inspiration!!

If you have not had a chance to visit the Pals Paper Arts site yet, I would encourage you to do so- they have two fabulous design teams and wonderful galleries each week!

FYI- For this card, I pulled out my organized scraps (trust me, not all of my scraps are organized but I am working on it :-)).   I already had the sentiment and wise men image printed and ready to go from a previous digital hybrid card and the snowflake background panels were pieces left over from a "homemade designer paper" project years ago...this is why I keep my scraps around- it helps me create quick cards!!

To create this card:

Using a brayer, randomly and with quick strokes, apply Melon Mambo, Night of Navy and Rich Razzleberry Classic Ink to a piece of Whisper White cardstock (use light strokes since all of these colors are very dark- make sure that you allow some of the white to remain).  Do not worry if there are some streaks since the next step will hide them :-)

Using the Embossing Buddy®, de-static the brayered panel that you just created above and stamp the images from the retired set, Serene Snowflakes using Versamark™ ink.   Apply Stampin’ Emboss® Black Embossing Powder and heat with the Heat Tool.  

Trim the pieces per the sketch and mount onto a piece of Basic Black cardstock.

Using My Digital Studio (MDS), position the sentiment and the focal image from the Come to Bethlehem digital stamp set onto a blank 8.5 x 11 document.  Re-size the focal image and print onto Whisper White cardstock.

Trim the images and mount onto Basic Black cardstock.

Use the Big Shot™ with the Stylish Stripes Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder to emboss a piece of Whisper White cardstock, trim and mount onto a piece of Basic Black cardstock, trim and mount onto the Rich Razzleberry card base.

Mount the embossed strips and sentiment onto the card front.

Add the focal image panel using Stampin’ Dimensionals®.

*** NOTE *** After assembling the card, I noticed a bit of “dirt” on my sentiment and focal image panels (most likely from storage since they were a few years old or from my work surface- lol!)  To salvage, I added some “stars” using the Silver Stampin’ Dazzle Pen.  Again, now you know all of my secrets :-)

Add the Rhinestone to the center of the star to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets: Come to Bethlehem (MDS version), Serene Snowflakes

Ink: Versamark™, Melon Mambo, Night of Navy, Rich Razzleberry Classic Ink; Printer Ink- Black; Stampin’ Dazzle Silver Pen

Paper/Cardstock:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Rich Razzleberry

Accessories:  Big Shot™, Stylish Stripes Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, Embossing Buddy®, Stampin’ Emboss® Black Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Rhinestone


Thanks again for visiting- I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas week!!

8 comments:

Patti MacLeith said...

Julie, what a beautiful card to say goodbye to our Margaret! Thanks for playing at PPA and please come back soon!!

Dawn Tidd said...

Julie, we will all miss Margaret's sketches, she's very talented! This is an absolutely stunning card! I love your embossed & bartered panel. They're really beautiful. Love that you even used MDS for your focal image! It's one I've always liked! Thanks for the shout out for the PPA this week and thanks for joining us!

Unknown said...

Love the elegance of this card! It is a wonderful tribute to Margaret! She will be missed by the Pals! Thanks so much Julie for including the PPA in your stamping fun... you always provide a masterpiece!!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful card.....and such kind words for Margaret! She is a talented designer for sure!

Julie said...

I would really like to buy the Come to Bethlehem stamp. Can you help me? Thanks

Julie said...

I would really like to buy the Come to Bethlehem stamp. Can you help me? Thanks

Julie said...

I would really like to buy the Come to Bethlehem stamp. Can you help me? Thanks

Julie Gearinger said...

Julie- the Come to Bethlehem set has been discontinued...I would recommend possibly a Buy-Sell-Trade forum on Splitcoaststampers or Ebay :-) Thanks for your interest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...