Monday, April 13, 2015

To Everything There Is A Season- A Color and Theme Challenge :-)

Hi Stampers!

I had a chance to play in my craft room today and decided to create a card using a watercolor technique for this week’s Pals Paper Arts PPA247 Color Challenge and the Splitcoaststampers F4A268 "Going to Pot" Challenge (see details here and gallery here). 


Again, I hope you have the time to stop by the above sites to check out the terrific inspiration from the Design Teams as well as the other entries!

To create this card:

Ink the Corner Garden background stamp using Stāz-On Jet Black Ink and stamp onto a piece of Naturals White cardstock.

Using an AquaPainter™ along with the Classic Ink pads from the color challenge, apply color from the Perfect Plum, Blackberry Bliss and Elegant Eggplant pads to the images (spritzing with additional water, drying with the Heat Tool and re-applying additional ink).

Add detail using the corresponding Stampin’ Write markers, spritzing and allowing the ink to run- just have fun!!

Use the Smoky Slate Stampin’ Write marker to color the leaves and add shadows and once you are satisfied with the background, add the white highlights with a Faber Castell White Pitt Pen marker.

Ink the large splatter stamp from Gorgeous Grunge using Smoky Slate Classic Ink and stamp onto the card front and use the Heat Tool to dry the panel completely.

De-static the card front using the Embossing Buddy® and ink the sentiment using Versamark™ Ink, position and stamp onto the card front, apply Stampin’ Emboss® White Embossing Powder and heat set with the Heat Tool.

Trim the panel to approx. 4” x 5 ¼”, mount onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock, trim again and mount onto a piece of Perfect Plum cardstock, trim once more and mount onto the Blackberry Bliss card base to finish off the card. 

Stamp Sets:  Corner Garden (background stamp), Gorgeous Grunge, God’s Timing (ODBD)

Ink: Stāz-On Jet Black, Classic Ink- Blackberry Bliss, Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Smoky Slate; Stampin’ Write Markers- Blackberry Bliss, Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, Smoky Slate ; Faber-Castell White Pitt Pen

Paper:  Naturals White, Blackberry Bliss, Perfect Plum, Whisper White

Accessories: AquaPainter™, Embossing Buddy®, Stampin’ Emboss® White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

I love the sentiment from this Our Daily Bread Designs set- it is so comforting to know that God's Timing is perfect!  

My husband is will be having his routine maintenance chemo treatment soon and I can tell that his body is growing stronger each day....We are takiing comfort in knowing that God is in control :-)  Thanks again to all of you who have shared that you are praying for us, we can never thank you enough for your prayers- hugs and God Bless!! 


Now off to do some housework – lol!!  Have a wonderful Monday, my friends!! 

10 comments:

Mike said...

Julie, this card takes my breath away! It is amazing. I almost didn't recognize that it was a stamp! Beautiful! Thanks for playing with Pals Paper Arts!

Beth Beard said...

Stunning! I can't stop looking at it. You did a beautiful job water coloring! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pals Paper Arts.

Anonymous said...

Amazing, Julie! I always appreciate that you give us the details of how you created your card. I learn so much! This is spectacular, to say the least. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at Pals Paper Arts!

Deborah Smart said...

I absolutely love getting your blog feed in my email every day, Julie - but this card made me gasp! I've never seen this stamp coloured so beautifully - and in all my favourite purples! :) You have a wonderful talent - thank so much for sharing it with us. All the best wishes for your husband's wellness.

Judys said...

Beautiful Julie! I didn't know your hubby was going through chemo so now I have added him to my prayers! I love the Christian sentiments you add to your cards. Thanks for all you share.

Julie Gearinger said...

Thanks everyone for your wonderful comments and encouragement :-) Judy- thank you so much for adding my hubby, Dave to your prayer list! He has completed his first six rounds of chemo and they were effective but he will have to have one of the chemo drug treatments every two months for two years...we are praying that these treatments will keep the cancer in remission :-) Thanks again for all of the well wishes and prayers- have a great week and God Bless!

Unknown said...

What an absolutely beautiful card! I'm in the same corner as Beth, I can't stop looking at it! Wow!

Mary Decker said...

I agree with what everyone has said here. You do have a wonderful God given talent! You can tell you love to create. Thank you for sharing your talents with all of us. And I love the photos of your cats!

Julie Gearinger said...

Thanks Mary! My kitties are my constant companions when I am home and they love to spend time with me in the craft room :-) Thanks again for taking the time to comment- it is such an encouragement to me! Hugs and God Bless!

Sandy said...

Stunning. and thank you for sharing your technique!! Can't wait to try (and try and try again)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...