Sunday, October 4, 2015

HYCCT1501A Thanks for Seeing Me Through

Hi Friends!!


Splitcoaststampers is proud to partner with the UT MD Anderson Cancer Center for their sixth annual month long card drive to benefit those affected by breast cancer.  To see more details regarding this month long challenge, please check out this link .  

I have always enjoyed seeing lightning from afar but I do not like electrical storms, so I chose to focus on lightning for my image :-)

To create this Mixed Media card:

Using a Sponge Dauber, apply Tangerine Tango and Blackberry Bliss Classic Ink onto a piece of Whisper White cardstock.

Use the Embossing Buddy® to de-static the cardstock, ink the cityscape from Landscape Silhouettes (Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps) using Versamark™ Ink and stamp onto the sponged panel.

Apply Stampin’ Emboss® Black Embossing Powder and heat with the Heat Tool to melt the powder.

Create the lightning using Titanium White Acrylic Paint with an AquaPainter™ and once dry, add a few highlights with the Faber-Castell® White Pitt Pen Marker.

FYI- If I decide to try this technique again, I will gesso the panel before sponging the ink (the acrylic paint would not flow as nicely as I would have liked so I could not get as fine of a line as I wanted :-)

Trim the panel and mount onto Basic Black cardstock.

Ink the sentiment from Me=Grateful using Stāz-On® Jet Black Ink and stamp onto the Whisper White panel.

Mount the sentiment panel onto the Basic Black card base and mount the focal image using dimensional foam.

Stamp Sets: Me=Grateful (SU!), Landscape Silhouettes (SNSS)

Ink: Versamark™, Memento™ Jet Black; Faber-Castell® White Pitt Pen Marker
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black

Accessories: AquaPainter™, Titanium White Acrylic Paint, Embossing Buddy®, Stampin’ Emboss Black Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

Thanks again for visiting!  I will be posting more of the cards that I created this weekl for the Hope You Can Cling To Challenges :-)  Hugs to you and I hope you have a great week!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wonderful scene you created, the lightning above the silhouette of a city!

Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

Unknown said...

Very nice card! Love the color in the background and the lightning. Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...