Tuesday, October 13, 2015

SUO133 Timeless Elegance Double Diagonal Pocket Card



Hello Friends!   

It’s time for the new SUO133 “Pocket Card” Challenge and I decided to use a tutorial from Splitcoaststampers for the Diagonal Double Pocket Card as my “starting” point.

I hope you will have a chance to check out my sister Design Team member samples and create your own Stampin’ Up! Only project for our gallery. 

To create this card:

Using the basic instructions from the tutorial, trim the Timeless Elegance Designer Series Paper (DSP) to 8.5 x 11” and score at 4.25” and 5.5” to create four “panels”. 
Trim the 5.5” score line on the left (I incorrectly trimmed mine) and follow the instructions in the tutorial to finish off the pocket card.

Since I had “goofed” on my initial trimming, I was able to cut off one of the diagonal folds and use that as the front lighter panel on the card creating a third diagonal pocket.

I also added a small trim piece at the bottom with the 5/8” Gold Satin Ribbon bow attached for a 4th pocket on the front and attached another panel of DSP in the back (to hide the ends of the ribbon) for a 5th pocket.

I decided to create two tags from Very Vanilla cardstock, punched each with the Scallop Tag Topper Punch, added 5/8” Gold Satin Ribbon  with Natural Linen Thread bows and stamped with sentiments from Blessed by God using Stāz-On® Jet Black Ink.

Back view- pocket at the bottom
These additional pockets could be filled with gift cards, tags, photos, etc. and you could decorate this pocket card in so many ways- I just quickly wrapped a cocoa packet with a piece of the Wonderland Vellum in the upper pocket.
Stamp Sets:  Blessed by God
Ink: Stāz-On® Jet Black
Paper/Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Timeless Elegance DSP, Woodland Vellum Stack
Accessories: Simply Scored™ Scoring Tool, Scallop Tag Topper Punch, 5/8” Gold Satin Ribbon, Natural Linen Thread

Thanks again for stopping by and we hope to see your Stampin’ Up! Only project in our “Pocket Card” Challenge gallery!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...