Monday, August 29, 2016

Happiest of Birthdays to You!




Hi Friends! 

I wanted to share another card that I designed with the Our Daily Bread Designs August 2016 Release Woodpecker stamp set!  

My husband, Dave and I love to watch birds and we often see Red-Bellied Woodpeckers at our feeders so when I saw the Woodpecker stamp set as part of the August ODBD release, I knew that this set would definitely be coming home with me- lol!

I have incorporated the Stampin’ Royalty SR343 “BirthdaysChallenge along with the Splicoaststampers’ SC604 Sketch Challenge  and the Hand Stamped Sentiments HSS#245 Inspiration Challenge into the design.

If you have not already had a chance to visit the above galleries yet, I hope you will do so as well as stop by the Our Daily Bread Designs Blog- fabulous inspiration from all!

To create this card:

Ink the Woodpecker image with water-based markers and cut out with the ODBD Vintage Borders Dies.



Add a bit of glitter to the back of the woodpecker image with a clear glitter pen (hard to see in the photo).

Die cut and emboss a piece of textured soft blue cardstock with the ODBD Layered Lacey Square Dies and emboss piece of the Patriotic Collection 6x6 Paper Pad with the ODBD Boho Backgrounds Die.

Mount the embossed piece of the Patriotic Collection 6x6 Paper onto a piece of black cardstock, trim close to the edge, mount onto a piece of white cardstock (trimming per sketch) and mount onto the black card front.

Layer a piece of 1” black satin ribbon over the card front and adhere the ends behind the panel.

Stamp the sentiment from Woodpecker with archival black ink onto white cardstock, die cut and emboss with the Ornate Ovals Dies.

Trim off one end of ODBD Layered Lacey Square die cut, adhere to the card front and mount the entire panel onto the white card base.

Add the die cut Woodpecker image along with the sentiment with dimensional foam to finish off the card.

I am so thrilled that you visited with me today- hugs and have a blessed week, my friends!


2 comments:

Stampin by Genny said...

Wow! You were so inspired by our challenge. I love birds and your woodpecker is so beautifully colored. Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

inkedx2 said...

Love your coloring of the woodpecker. Looks like the real bird. Thanks for joining us at HSS. Hope to see you at the next challenge!

Robbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...