Monday, May 20, 2019

TCC115 Log Cabin Quilt



Hi Friends!

In creating my card for The Card Concept #115 {Mosaic Madness} Challenge  I ended up designing three cards based on the inspiration photo.  

That’s how it works for me sometimes- I will be inspired to create and will design several cards, then I have to choose my favorite for the Design Team post :-)  

While I am pleased with the way this card turned out, I felt that the initial card that I chose for the DT post (here) was a better interpretation of the mosiac medallions in the inspiration photo :-)

I love the patterns and colors of the inspiration photo and they reminded me of a quilt.  I had not used the Divinity Designs LLC Log Cabin Quilt stamp image in quite a while and decided to pair it with a verse sentiment from God Verses 2 (a set that I had not inked at all yet), plus I was able to finally use an embossing folder that I have owned for months and never used before!

I love to participate in online challenges and will be linking this card to the Simon Says Wednesday “Stitches” Challenge  (faux stitching on my card)  along with the Word Art Wednesday #386-#387 “Anything Goes” Challenge.

If you have not had a chance to visit us at The Card Concept or the other challenge sites yet, I hope you will find time to do so- wonderful inspiration from all!

To create this card:

1). Score and fold a piece of 4.25” x 11” heavy white cardstock in half.  Emboss a piece of designer paper with the quilt embossing folder, trim to approx. 4” x 5 ¼”, mount onto a piece of espresso cardstock, trim once more to approx. 4 ⅛” x 5 ⅜”.  Add the piece of white crochet lace and a strip of 5/8” espresso satin ribbon (wrapping the ends of the ribbon to the back of the panel).  Mount the entire panel onto the white card base.

2).  De-static a piece of white cardstock with an embossing powder tool, stamp quilt image from Log Cabin (Divinity Designs LLC formerly Our Daily Bread Designs) using Versafine™ Onyx Black Ink, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool.  Once the embossing has cooled, color the image with water-based markers.

3). Fussy cut the quilt image and mount onto a piece of white cardstock die cut with a stitched square die.  Mount the quilt onto the card front using dimensional foam.

A closer look at the quilt image and the stitched elements
4).  De-static another scrap piece of white cardstock with an embossing powder tool, stamp the verse sentiment from God Verses 2 (Divinity Designs LLC formerly Our Daily Bread Designs) using Versafine™ Onyx Black Ink, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with the heat tool.  Once the embossing has cooled, die cut the sentiment with a stitched rectangle die, mount onto espresso cardstock and trim close to the edge.

5).  Mount the sentiment onto the card front and add a few buttons with strips of cardstock (for the “thread”) to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets:  Log Cabin Quilt, God Verses 2 (both Divinity Designs LLC)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black,  Stampin’ Write Markers- Crushed Curry, Coastal Cabana, Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie

Cardstock/Paper: Whisper White, Early Espresso; misc. designer paper (pumpkin color- cannot recall manufacturer)

Tools/Accessories: Big Shot™,  Quilt Embossing Folder (Stampin’ Up!), My Favorite Things™ Stitched Rectangle and Square Dies, Embossing Buddy®, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, 5/8” Early Espresso Ribbon (retired SU!), White Crochet Lace (from my stash), Misc. retired SU! buttons

Thanks again for taking the time to visit!  I hope I have inspired you to create your own card based on our {Mosaic Madness} photo and link up to our gallery at The Card Concept- we would love to see your interpretation!! The challenge is open until Monday, May 27th at noon (EDT).

3 comments:

Sharon Madson said...

This is just gorgeous; and I love the verse you showcased. I followed you today and have you on my sidebar on my blog. I just learned to do that. :) I hope that is okay. That way I can see when you post.

Julie Gearinger said...

Oh Sharon, I am so honored that you are following my blog!! I love using Scripture verses on my cards and am so thankful to have you as one of my friends- hugs and God Bless!

Susan Powell said...

Love your take on the challenge - Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...