Friday, December 6, 2019

Ornate Christmas Tree- One Layer


Hi Friends!!

Today I am sharing a card designed with the retired Stampin’ Up! set that I will have to look up the name (it has a tree image, mittens and a few others and my apologies, I left the actual stamp set at our weekend home and only brought the tree image to ink up- duh!!).   



I wanted to participate with the Less Is More “Pick A Triangle” Challenge - I decided to pick the lower triangle area for this card .

I have to admit CAS (Clean and Simple) cards are difficult for me.  I tend to want to add layers and embellishments, but I do like to stretch myself and get out of my normal "box" at times.  I am thankful that there are challenges specifically focused on CAS cards and Less is More is one of my favorites (although I do not get to play along as often as I would like :-)).



I am also entering this card in the Just Add Ink #485 "Just One Layer" Challenge and the Simon Says Monday "Let's Sparkle" Challenge (hard to see in the photo but the gold embossing dies sparkle).

If you have not had a chance to do so, I hope you will visit the above challenge sites- such great inspiration from all!

This card was so quick and easy to create, but I know some of you are new to cardmaking so here are the steps to take:

1). Fold a piece of white cardstock in half for the card base (this card base is 4 1/4" x 11" to result in an A2 card 4 1/4" x 5 1/2").

2). De-static the front of the card with an embossing powder tool, ink the tree image with Versamark ink, stamp onto the panel, apply gold embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.

3). Add the small pearl to finish off the card.

Quick and easy, plus no extra postage to mail!!

Thanks for stopping by- I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Patrice said...

Great CAS, one layer Christmas card, Julie. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

Chantell Randall said...

The shiny gold and texture of the embossing is the hero on your card. A great tree image. Chantell Just Add Ink

Nonni said...

The gold embossing looks very festive an love all the white space! Thank you for playing along at Less Is More and I hope to see you joining our challenges in 2020!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...