Wednesday, December 18, 2019

The Card Concept #HOL19 - Favorite Card and/or Christmas Tree






Hi Friends!

Welcome to The Card Concept #HOL19 {Favorite Card or Christmas Tree}!  

For this challenge, the Design Team is sharing our favorite card that we created this year and/or our Christmas tree.   


I decided to share one of the cards I designed in November using the retired Stampin Up set, French Foliage and a Mixed Media technique involving distress oxide inks, stamping, embossing with clear embossing powder and repeating the same process to build up the layers. 

The colors were inspired by our #123 Inspiration Photo and my DT card for that challenge used a circle from the main panel (you can see the details for that card on this post).  


Original DT card created with the emboss resist panel
My original card for our November #123 {Thanksgiving Table} Challenge (see photo at the left) used a circle portion of the 4 ¼” x 5 ½” panel.  

After the #123 challenge had been posted,  I was able to design a second card using the leftovers from the panel (see my original post for the second card here).   



While I am pleased with the original DT card for the challenge, I think I like the 2nd card better- which do you prefer?
2nd card created with the Mixed Media panel and my favorite for the year!

We hope that you will take the time to share with us at The Card Concept- we would love to see your favorite card that you designed this past year and/or your Christmas tree!  

Hugs to all of you and I hope all of you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

I love the colors and all the fun stamping layers on this gorgeous card!

Ginger said...

I prefer the second card. Leftovers from cards tend to frustrate me, but you have creatively used yours. Looking forward to seeing your creations in 2020.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...