Thursday, August 1, 2024

TTTC253 In All Your Ways

 



Hi Friends!

Woohoo!  I have the honor of being the Guest Designer for the Tic-Tac-Toe #253 Challenge!  I love this challenge plus the winner has the opportunity to be a future Guest Designer, what fun!

This challenge board has so many great opportunites! I decided to pull out a few of my retired stamp sets (one of my goals is to create cards at times with my older stamps) and used the middle row across on the board- Flowers- Scoring and Die Cuts, plus I also added twine for this Vintage style floral card.

To create this card: 

Score a few diagonal lines on a piece of kraft cardstock (FYI- I scored four lines at the top left to lower right hand side and six lines in the same direction from the middle left to lower right hand corner- it is a bit difficult to see the scoring in the photo).

Trim the scored panel to 4” x 5 ¼”.  

Ink the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black ink, stamp onto the lower left hand area of the panel, heat set the ink with a heat tool.



Add a knotted piece of twine between the scored lines (I knotted the twine on the ends but not under the focal image area).  Wrap the ends behind the cardstock, then layer onto a piece of black cardstock (trimming close to the edge – approx. 4 ⅛” x 5 ⅜”).

Mount the entire panel onto an A2 vanilla card base (4 ¼” x 5 ½” tent fold).

Ink the floral image with Versamark Onyx Black ink (I used the retired Butterfly Basics stamp set from Stampin’ Up!), stamp onto vanilla cardstock and heat set the ink with a heat tool.

Color the floral image using water-based markers, and once satisfied with the coloring, die cut with a pierced oval circle die.

Die cut another oval from black cardstock to layer behind the die cut floral image, then die cut a scalloped oval from vanilla cardstock to layer behind the black oval (to complete the floral focal image).

Adhere the layered floral image onto the card front with dimensional foam.

Using black cardstock, create the “photo corners” using scissors- cut a small square from scraps, then cut the angles (I do have a photo corner punch but I wanted smaller corners).

Mount the two photo corners to the opposite corners and  add a pearl to the center to finish off the card.

This completes the “original” card card that I submitted to the Tic-Tac-Toe challenge coordinator.  

I tend to design with more of a Shabby Chic style and decided that I wanted to add more to the background around the flower, so I masked the floral image, inked the honeycomb background stamp (from Butterfly Basics) with Versafine Onyx Black, stamped off a bit before stamping around the floral image. 


After stamping the honeycomb background, I added the postscript image (also from the retired Butterfly Basics set) stamped with Broken China Distress Oxide ink.

I am also joining in with the Double D Challenge “Basket Full of Posies”- I was inspired by the flowers and colors of the basket. 

Stamp Sets: Butterfly Basics (retired Stampin’ Up!). Scripture Medley 2 (retired Verve Stamps)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black; Stampin’ Write Markers-Cajun Craze, Calypso Coral, Mossy Meadow, Wild Wasabi; Tim Holtz Broken China Distress Oxide

Cardstock/Paper: Vanilla, Black, Kraft; retired Park Lane Designer Paper (Stampin’ Up!)

Accessories: Scoring Tool, Heat Tool, Gemini, Jr.™, Divinity Designs Pierced Oval Dies, MFT Die-namics Oval Open Scallop Doily, Oval Dies (retired SU!), Natural Twine, Pearls

So which one is your favorite?  The first one with the "clean" background, or the second card with a "distressed" backgrpund?  Curious minds need to know, lol!

Thanks again for taking the time to visit- I hope you will be able to join us at Tic-Tac-Toe#253 Challenge!  Have a blessed week/weekend, sweet friends!

4 comments:

Barbara said...

It’s fun to play tic tac toe and I love how you played it. That sentiment is fantastic. Thanks for playing with us at Double D Challenge.

Nadia Adams said...

The card design for TTTC253 is absolutely gorgeous! I love the creativity and attention to detail in your project.
https://www.krazycouponclub.com/promotions/avrelife-coupons

Barbara Nimmo said...

I came across your blog through the About Vickie Lynn Swayze, and I’m so glad I did. Your stamping ideas are truly inspiring.

Silke Ledlow said...

Julie, your card is simply BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for being our Guest and we hope you will be joining us again soon :) !!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...