Saturday, July 14, 2012

Special Thanks to You~ SUO Challenge


Hi Stampers! 

I have been busy with our end of month billing at work but was able to find some time to stamp and de-stress :-))

I wanted to participate in the SUO #49 Special Thanks to You! Challenge at SU-O Challenges (if you have the time, check out their blog-- the Design team has done a fabulous job!!)

I wanted to create this card for my dear friend and assistant at work (I hope she does not check out my blog before I have a chance to give her this card :-))  She is on vacation this week and I miss her already in more ways than one :-)

To create this simple card: 

On a piece of Whisper White, use a Sponge Dauber with Daffodil Delight Classic Ink and in a circular motion, apply the ink to the  paper (some areas heavier than others). 

Stamp the floral images from Stippled Blossoms with Island Indigo Classic Ink, layer onto Island Indigo cardstock and again onto Whisper White cardstock.

Create the background layer with Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper (DSP), Daffodil Delight cardstock embossed with the Square Lattice Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder (this piece was part of my scrap pile:-)). 

 Add the embossed border using the new Delicate Designs Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder (lace) , stamp the sentiment onto Whisper White Cardstock and cut with the Bitty Banner Framelits™, add the Daffodil Delight Seam Binding Ribbon bow and of course, a few pearls to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets:  Stippled Blossoms, Fabulous Phrases

 Ink: Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo

Paper:  Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, Island Indigo, Summer Smooches DSP

Accessories:  Big Shot™, Bitty Banners Framelits™, Square Lattice and Delicate Designs Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder,  Sponge Dauber, ½” Daffodil Delight Seam Binding, Pearls 

Thanks again for stopping by - I hope you like this quick "summery" card - I normally am not that fond of yellow but for some reason it is growing on me  (I do like it with blue and white so possibly there is still hope for me yet :-))

Have a great weekend and take some time for yourself- God Bless!

5 comments:

Dale Morin said...

Julie, Great card. Love how you created the paper. Great technique. Thanks for sharing. Lots of great texture on this card too.

Karen Barber said...

What an interesting twist on the 2 step stamps!! I will HAVE to try this great idea - your card is STUNNING!!!!~ Thanks for playing along in our challenge!

Penny Hanuszak said...

An amazingly beautiful card Julie. Love the colours and the background paper. Thanks for sharing your technique. I might try this is an upcoming stamp group.

Deborah Smart said...

Gorgeous card, Julie! I'll have to try this technique. I'm sure your friend/assistant will love it :)

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Beautiful Card Julie!! I just love how you used the sponge dauber. And the bow is perfection!! Love it all.

Hugs
Shirley Pumpkin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...