Sunday, November 13, 2016

Matthew 22:37- Love the Lord Your God


Hi Friends!!

I had a chance to stamp this past Saturday evening and decided to create a Clean and Simple (CAS) card using the previously released Our Daily Bread Designs (ODBD) stamp sets, A True Friend, Chalkboard Fan Background and Scripture Collection 9 and the ODBD Small Bow Dies.

I just love the iris image in the ODBD A True Friend stamp set- it reminds me of my mother who has been with the Lord for 23 years and would have celebrated her birthday on Saturday...she just loved irises so I thought of my fond memories of her as I designed this card :-).

I incorporated a few of my favorite online challenges into the design- the Global Design Project #GDP061 Colour Challenge along with the Addicted to Stamps and More #219 CAS Challenge :-)

If you have not had a chance to check out either challenge site yet, I hope you will find the time to do so- great inspiration from all!

To create this card:

Ink the iris image from the ODBD A True Friend stamp set with archival black ink onto white cardstock, watercolor with a sweet sugarplum marker for the petals, emerald envy for the stem and basic gray for the stamens.

FYI- to watercolor the image, I "scribble" the initial color from the markers onto a craft mat, then lift the color with a water brush to watercolor the petals, etc. and follow up with ink directly from the marker to the image for the second and third layers, using the water brush to soften the edges :-)

Fussy cut the image and set aside.

Laying the ODBD Chalkboard Fan Background stamp face up on your table, ink sporadically with the emerald envy marker, spritz with water, use a paper towel to tap onto the stamp and remove some of the ink and lay a piece of white cardstock over the background stamp pressing with your fingers to ink the page.

Lift and dry the background with a heat tool before positioning and stamping the ODBD Scripture Collection 9 verse with archival black ink.

Trim the background panel, adhere to sweet sugarplum cardstock, trim again and mount onto black cardstock.

Mount the entire panel onto the white card base and add the fussy cut iris image with dimensional foam.

Die cut the ODBD Small Bow Dies from black cardstock, assemble the bow and add to the card front.

Use a clear glitter pen to add shimmer to the flower to finish off the card.

I had fun creating this quick card and hope I have inspired you to pull out your stamps this weekend!


Thanks again for taking the time to visit- hugs and have a blessed week, my friends!

2 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Beautiful card, Julie, showcasing ODB wonderful stamps thanks so much for the inspiration.
Shaz in Oz.x

MORunningWithScissors said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the beautiful iris especially! It reminds me of my Grandmother, who shared with me, not only a love of flowers, but she helped me to plant the bulbs of the gorgeous deep purple iris that she had from her childhood farm, into my front flower beds. She always called them 'flags', which I thought strange, but noticed that many older people call them flags. Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card & your memories! This is also one of my favorite scriptures.
Sherlyn Parham xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...