Tuesday, April 4, 2017

ODBDSLC285 Roses To My Friend



Hi Friends! 


I created my card using the new To My Friend stamp set along with the ODBD Custom Dies- Rose, Rose Leaves, Lattice Background and Pierced Squares.


I had fun creating my own die cut flowers with the Rose Dies- cutting two pieces from each die cut in the set for the larger roses and for the smaller rose, cutting two of each of the smaller three dies with only one from the largest die.

Close up of flowers 

To finish each rose, I used the end of a rounded ink pen (or you could use a stylus- I could not locate mine so I improvised) to soften the paper on each petal on a piercing pad.  Next, I started to assemble the rose with adhesive (for most of the flower, I used hot glue), building each blossom from the bottom up starting with the largest die cut petal, adding another petal on top, alternating each petal.  I pinched the smallest petals together to form the center and added adhesive at the interior base to help hold the petals close together for the added height.

I think the Rose Dies could be used for so many different projects, don’t you?  You could also create a flatter rose for mailing but this card could be hand delivered or mailed in a box :-)

 If you have not had a chance to visit the rest of my ODBD Design Team Sisters’ blogs and checked out their fabulous projects yet, I hope you will find time to do so:

Don’t forget- you have until April 30, 2017 to join us for a chance to be spotlighted for the Shining the Light award or to win a $15 ODBD gift certificate (one random participant will be chosen).  

Thanks again for taking the time to stop by!  We hope you will be able to join us for the Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light ODBDSLC285 “Spring Has Sprung- Blooming with Die Cut Flowers” Challenge!

Hugs and I hope you have a wonderful week, sweet friends!

5 comments:

Robin Clendenning said...

Lovely roses Julie! I love them on the lattice die! What a great idea to use the top of a pen if you have no stylist!
Beautiful my sweet friend!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Such a stunning card, Julie!! I just love the pink roses you created with the blue background and lattice. So feminine and so gorgeously done!! Love it!!
hugs,
Chris

RaeDeen Bittner said...

OH, Julie! What a beautiful card. I love your roses and the way your blue background and lattice just set them off. Gorgeous, Friend!

Diana Nguyen said...

Great roses, Julie! Love your shades of blue and pink.

CherylQuilts said...

Julie, this is gorgeous, and I love the color combination. Your roses are beautiful, and what a precious Scripture verse...one of my favorites on a card for a special friend! Hugs and love! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...