Friday, April 14, 2017

Proverbs 17:17- A Friend Loveth At All Times


Hi Friends!

I hope all of you having a great day so far! I had a chance to design a few cards this week using the Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps Pretty Potted Florals and Peaceful Peonies Clear Stamp Sets.



If you have not had a chance to visit the challenge sites or SNSS Blog/FB Page, I encourage you to do so- fabulous inspiration from all!

To create this card:

1). Ink the Pretty Potted Florals images using archival black ink and stamp onto white cardstock (I inked just the floral part to save paper).

2). Color each flower with alcohol and water based markers, add clear shimmer with a clear glitter pen.

3). Fussy cut each of the flower images and set aside.

4). Trim a piece of white cardstock to approx.. 4” x 5 ¼”, stamp the verse sentiment from Peaceful Peonies using archival black ink onto the panel, mount onto the black card front and adhere the entire panel onto the white card base.

 5). Die cut a piece of designer paper with a stitched rectangle die and mount onto a piece of black cardstock, trim close to the die cut.

6). Add the die cut panel onto the card front with dimensional foam, add the fussy cut flowers and add the pearls to the centers to finish off the card.

“Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures.” 

“So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ”” Acts 16:31a NKJV
The verse on today’s card also reflects what Christ did for us-

A friend loveth at all times” Prov 17:17 NKJV

Today as we remember Christ’s sacrifice on the cross for all of our sins, my hope and prayer is that you have accepted Christ as your personal Savior.  I am so thankful that the Lord Jesus came to earth, lived as a perfect man, died on the cross for our sins and rose again on the third day. What a wonderful Savior is Jesus my Lord!! 

Hugs and have a blessed Easter, sweet friends!

7 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is just lovely, Julie! One of my favorite verses and a wonderful way to highlight it! Happy Resurrection Day to you as well! Praise the Lord!

Jane said...

Super trio of Spring flowers and such a clever use of designer paper to showcase them against. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

CherylQuilts said...

Julie, this is elegant and gorgeous, and I LOVE the Scripture. Love you dearly! xoxo

Jan Clothier said...

Those flowers are so beautiful - they just glow! The muted green background really lets them shine. This is a fabulous take on our sketch. Thanks for joining us at As You See It. It's always a pleasure to have your work in the gallery.

Melissa L. said...

This is beautiful, Julie. I love the flowers and the green background. I especially love the Scripture. Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

Heather Cooper said...

Very nice, Julie! I love the colours on the flowers and the way they contrast with the darker background! That's such a nice verse, too! Thanks for playing along with our latest challenge at As You See It Challenges!

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi Julie! A visit to your blog is always a sweet treat for my eyes! I love those flowers - I am going to steal the colors from you! For some reason I struggle with deciding on colors when I use flowers! Love that green background! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...