Sunday, May 27, 2018

Sorry, I Was So Prickly


Hi Friends!

I hope all of you are having a great weekend so far! Today I am sharing another card using the May Creative Worship release stamp set, Refresh My Soul from Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps. 

Refresh My Soul has so many wonderful sentiments and images- I love that they can be used for cards as well as Bible Art Journaling, scrapbooking, gifts and home décor. 

I do not know about you, but I could use a card with this sentiment for sure! Sometimes I tend to speak before I think and it can sound a bit "prickly" :-)

I decided to participate with the Tuesday Throwdown #393 Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge (top row across- watercolor, emboss and die cut) along with the A Gem of a Challenge #220 “Use Three of Something” (three cactus images) and the A Bit More Time to Craft #68 "Anything Goes" Challenge.

If you have not had a chance to visit the above challenge sites or the SNSS Blog/FB Page yet, I encourage you to do so- wonderful inspiration from all!

To create this card:

1).  Ink the three cactus images with Versafine™ Onyx Black ink onto white cardstock, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.  Watercolor the images with water based markers before fussy-cutting out each image.

2). De-static a piece of black cardstock with an embossing powder tool, lay the cover-up die onto the black cardstock so you can position the “Sorry I was so” and “Prickly” sentiments from Refresh My Soul . Remove the die, stamp the sentiments with Versamark™ ink, apply white embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.

3). Die cut a piece of curry designer paper with the stitched cover-up die, mount onto the embossed black cardstock.  Add the black twine (wrapping the ends behind the card front) and mount the entire card front onto a white card base.

4). Adhere the fussy-cut cacti images with dimensional foam.

5). Add the twine bow along with the shimmer brad (I trimmed off the brad points and used hot glue to adhere to the card front).

6). Use a clear glitter pen to add shimmer to the cacti images to finish off the card.


Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black, Versamark™, Zig® Clean Color Markers- Green, Lt. Pink, Blue; Spectrum Noir™ Clear Glitter Pen

Cardstock/Designer Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, retired Crushed Curry Designer Paper (all Stampin’ Up!)

Accessories/Tools: Big Shot™, MFT Stitched Cover-Up Companion Diagonal Die, Black Hemp Twine, retired shimmer brad (SU!), Embossing Buddy®, Clear and White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, AquaPainter

Thanks again for taking the time to visit! I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend and stop by again soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...