Friday, August 16, 2019

God Is Our Refuge



Hi Friends!

I hope all of you are having a wonderful week and are looking forward to the weekend.
I have been working on organizing my craft room over the summer and creating in-between with images and/or stamp sets that I have discovered and not used in a while. 

This card was designed with one of the images that I had previously colored and fussy-cut (and found in my stash).

I am linking this card to several online challenges- Cardz 4 Galz #103 Wings and Word Art Wednesday #400-#401 “Anything Goes”.

If you have not had a chance to stop by the above challenge sites, I encourage you to do so- fabulous inspiration from all!


Since I found this image in my craft room ready to go, this card was easy to create.

I used water-based markers to color the butterfly, fussy-cut, added clear glitter before applying ModPodge® to strengthen the butterfly image.  

I used Distress Oxide ink to stencil onto the white card base, spritzed a bit of water before heat embossing the sentiment with clear embossing powder.

I mounted the butterfly with dimensional foam and added a few sequins to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets: Swallowtail (digital image- retired Stampin’ Up!), Fear Not (Stamp Simply)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black,  Zig© FB Clean Color Markers- Lt Pink, Turquoise, Purple, Pink; Tim Holtz® Distress Oxide- Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire; Faber-Castelle™ Black Pitt Pen Marker, Spectrum Noir™ Clear Glitter Pen

Cardstock/Designer Paper: Whisper White

Accessories: ModPodge®, Embossing Buddy®, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Sponge Dauber, ARTplorations™ Stained Glass Stencil, AquaPainter™, Sequins

Thanks again for taking the time to visit- hugs and I hope you have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

LOVE this! So very pretty!!!

Sue - said...

That is one gorgeous butterfly! Thanks for joining us at Cardz for Galz.

Lynda said...

One gorgeously colourful butterfly Julie, love the over-all colours and feel of this card - very dramatic. Thank you for joining us in our 'wings' theme at Cardz 4 Galz. :) Lynda DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...