Monday, August 5, 2019

Summer by the Sea- Praise the Lord!


Hi Friends!

I hope your summer is going well!  My hubby is continuing to recover from his bladder and prostate removal surgery (cystoprostatectomy)- it was a rough few weeks after the initial surgery, but we are praising the Lord that he is getting stronger with each passing day!  I am learning how to be an ostomy nurse :-)  and we are getting used to the "new normal" with the bag changes, etc. 

In the meantime, I have had a chance to create a few cards, scrapbooks and journals as well as work on organizing my craft room, but have not had time to post to my blog or galleries.  I find that posting to my blog, etc. can take more time than creating, lol! I am thankful to have a moment to post a few cards this week. 

As I mentioned in my previous posts, while I am still buying stamps and supplies, I am trying to focus on limiting my purchases and using what I already own.  This card was was designed using two retired stamp sets- the focal image from the Stampin’ Up! Summer by the Sea set and the sentiment is from the Verve Stamp set, Scripture Medley 5.  

I also wanted to participate with a few online challenges and incorporated the Color Throwdown #554 Challenge and am also linking to the Simon Says Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge and the Just Add Ink #468 “Just Add “C” “ Challenge (“C”= Circle, Celery-color).


If you have not had a chance to stop by the above challenge sites, I encourage you to do so- wonderful inspiration from all!


To create this card:

1). Stamp the image using Versafine™ Onyx Black ink onto white cardstock, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.  Once the embossing has cooled, watercolor using ink from water-based markers, watercolor pencils and distress oxide ink (see the list of colors used below).

2). Die cut the image with a stitched circle die, mount onto another die cut from black cardstock (die cut with the same circle, split in half before layering).  Repeat the process with the sentiment using a rectangle stitched die, layer onto black cardstock and trim close to the edge.

3). Emboss a piece of kraft cardstock using a 3-D basketweave folder, mount onto black cardstock and trim close to the edge.  Layer the red and celery designer paper  (mounted onto strips of black cardstock), adhere to the basketweave background, add the seam binding strips and mount onto a white card base.

4). Mount the layered circle focal image with the sentiment onto the card front with dimensional foam and add the seam binding bow.

5). Finish off the card by using a white gel pen and add a button to the center of the bow.


Stamp Sets: Summer by the Sea  (retired Stampin’ Up!), Scripture Medley 5 (retired Verve Stamps)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black, Tim Holtz® Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink, Zig® Clean Color™ FB Markers-  Carmine Red, Olive Green, Pale Green, Pale Pink, Yellow, Ochre, Light Gray; Derwent® Crimson Red Watercolor Pencil, White Gel Pen

Cardstock/Designer Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Kraft ; Certainly Celery and Poppy Parade Designer Series Paper (retired Stampin’ Up!)

Accessories: Big Shot™, Basket Weave 3-D Embossing Folder (SU!), MFT™ Dies- Stitched Rectangles A2 STAX-Set 1 and Stitched Circles STAX,  Embossing Buddy®, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, AquaPainter™, 3/8” Black Seam Binding (Zipperstop), retired SU! Button

Thanks again for taking the time to stop by!!   Hugs and I hope you can visit again soon!

6 comments:

Broni said...

I love it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Color Throwdown!

StampingJudy said...

This is so vibrant and beautiful!

Nikki Spencer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nikki Spencer said...

The images and bold colours work beautifully with your design Julie. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Chantell Randall said...

Ohh that's an image that I have not seen in a long time - it is beautifully coloured. Chantell Just Add Ink

JoeyTipping said...

Oh, Julie, I am so glad to see you using “retired” stamps. I am trying to be more conscious of using what I have and not buying new. I love this stamp and I love the scripture words as well. Praise the Lord that your husband is doing so well after surgery! You have inspired me to pull out this stamp set! Thank you and God bless.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...