Thursday, August 22, 2019

Natural Beauty- Dream One Layer Card



Hi Friends!

I hope all of you are having a great week so far!  My hubby, Dave is doing better with each passing day as we are getting used to his new “normal”. 

I have been creating over the summer but have not had a chance to post many of the cards to my blog or other galleries (many of you have blogs and know the time that it takes photograph, edit and write up the blog posts). 

With my limited creative time due to taking care of the household chores that my hubby normally handles, etc. :-) I am going to post the cards in the future without the detailed step by step instructions but an overview of how they were created.  If you have any questions on a particular card, and/or technique, please feel free to ask.

I am linking this card to several online challenges- AAA #142 “Along the Edge” with optional twist of “Inspired by a Song” ( I think of the song that has the lyrics “Dream, Dream, Dream” when I see this image), the Simon Says Wednesday “Clean and Simple” Challenge , the Addicted to CAS #166 "One Layer Card" Challenge and the 2 Crafty Critters Crazies  “Anything Goes with Critters”Challenge.


If you have not had a chance to stop by the above challenge sites, I encourage you to do so- gorgeous inspiration from all!



This card is a one-layer card designed with an older Stampin’ Up! stamp set, Natural  Beauty.  

The white cardstock card base was folded in half and I used a scrap piece of paper to create a mask for the border along the right side.  I repeatedly stamped the word image along the edge with Versamark™ Onyx Black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.   

The little bird was also heat embossed with clear embossing powder and I used several Distress Oxide inks to blend color over the edge (see colors below)  

I finished off the card using a black marker to create a thick line along the border edge (this covered up a bit of the uneven ink and straighten up the edge).


Stamp Sets: Natural Beauty (retired Stampin’ Up!)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black,  Tim Holtz® Distress Oxide- Broken China, Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Faber-Castell™ Black Pitt Pen Marker

Cardstock/Designer Paper: Whisper White

Accessories: Embossing Buddy®, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Sponge Dauber

Thanks again for taking the time to visit- hugs and I hope you can stop by again soon!

6 comments:

Crafty Amy said...

I am glad your husband is getting better.
Thank you for still finding the time to inspire me with your great card. I love that ink combination 😃

Huge hugs

Amy x

jimlynn said...

CAS and absolutely perfect!!! Love everything about this card. Thanks so much for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.
Lynn

Jane said...

Oh what fabulous colours on your dream panel - got me singing that song now, a real favourite from my teen days way back when! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Toni said...

Gorgeous colors and design. thanks for joining us at ATCAS this fortnight!

Michelle W said...

Beautiful card, I love the colourful ink blending! Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards.

Melissa said...

Awesome card, Julie! I love the edge detail you created. Thanks for playing along with us at the AAA Cards challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...