Sunday, May 10, 2020

My Grace is Sufficient


Hi Friends!

I designed this card using a stamp set that I purchased on clearance over a year ago- Everlasting (Kaisercraft) and this is the first time I have had a chance to ink it up.  I decided to pair the birds with a sentiment from another stamp set that has been un-inked lately- The Vine (Unity Stamp Co).   

I am making a dedicated effort to try to use stamps and paper that I already own (although I do still purchase a few)- I find it so difficult to resist those 40-50% off or more sales- don't you? 

I am also challenging myself to work my way through all of the Splitcoaststampers’ Sketch Challenges (now at 800) that I have not used yet so I incorporated the SC160 Sketch layout into the design of this card.  This sketch was from 2009 (the SCS challenges do not expire) and I thought it would be a good layout for the branch image.

I enjoy participating with online challenges as well and will be linking this card to the Simon Says Monday “Spritz and Splatter” Challenge along with the A Bit More Time to Craft #115  “Anything Goes” Challenge.

Since the Simon Says Monday Challenge was "Spritz and Splatter", I decided to create a Shabby Chic/Vintage Mixed Media card.  


To create this card:

Apply distress ink to the inside of a woodgrain embossing folder, insert a piece of white cardstock and emboss the panel.  Spritz the panel to allow the ink to spread a bit and also use a water brush to apply additional brown distress ink as needed (see all of the colors used below).

Trim the panel and mount onto a piece of black cardstock. Adhere the background panel to a white card base.

Ink the background stamp (Chalkboard Vine) with the same brown distress ink (, lightly stamp over the designer paper before cutting the paper into three panels.  Mount onto black cardstock and add directly to the card front.

Ink the birds on the branch image (from Everlasting) with Versafine™ Onyx Black ink, stamp onto a piece of white cardstock,  apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.  Once the image has cooled, water color with brown distress ink along with brown and gray water-based markers.

Apply the distress ink directly around the edges of the image and stamp with a texture splatter stamp to achieve additional distressing and “antiquing”.  Die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die and mount onto black cardstock.

Stamp the sentiment from The Vine (Unity Stamp Co) with embossing ink (I used the Versafine™ Onyx Black since my Versamark™ was not nearby), apply white embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.  Trim the sentiment (I used a scrap piece of black paper and it was not trimmed evenly so I had to cut into the area where the “M” would be cut-off, therefore, I fussy-cut around the “M”).  Mount the sentiment onto the bird panel.

Adhere the bird panel to the card front using chipboard or dimensional foam (I prefer chipboard for extra stability, plus I have a lot of chipboard on hand, lol!).

To finish the card, use an extra fine white paint pen to add a highlight to each bird’s eye.

Stamp Sets: Everlasting (Kaisercraft), The Vine (Unity Stamp Co), Chalkboard Vine (Divinity Designs, LLC), Timeless Textures (Stampin’ Up!)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black, Stampin’ Write Markers-Gray Granite, Soft Suede; Tim Holtz™ Brushed Corduroy Distress;   Extra Fine White Paint Pen

Cardstock/Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Prima Lifetime Collection Designer Paper

Accessories: Gemini, Jr™, My Favorite Things Stitched Rectangle A2 STAX Set 1 Dies, retired Stampin’ Up! Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Embossing Buddy®, Clear and White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, AquaPainter™

I am so thrilled that you took the time to visit my blog- I hope all of you are staying healthy and safe during the worldwide pandemic!

I am planning on posting a few more cards this week and, if you have the time, please stop  by again soon!  Hugs, sweet friends!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...