Saturday, May 9, 2020

Lilac- I Will Never Leave You



Hi Friends!

I am sharing another card today that uses one of my neglected stamp sets- Lilac from Technique Tuesday along with a verse sentiment from Fear Not (Stamp Simply).

I have owned the Lilac set for at least a year or more and this is the first time that I have had a chance to ink it up.  My mother loved lilacs and when I saw this image, I knew I would have to add it to my stamp “collection”. 

I am still working through the Splitcoaststampers’ Sketch Challenges and used the SC183 Sketch for the layout on this card.  I decided to create a portrait version and my layer for #4 is a bit smaller so you can see more of the lilac image :-)  Plus I added a ribbon/bow at the bottom to balance out the card.

I am also participating with the Double “D” 05/06 “Lavender-Lilac-Purple” InspirationChallenge (I was inspired by all of the beautiful flowers and especially the lilacs) and the Word Art Wednesday #438-#439 “Anything Goes” Challenge.

The lilac image was heat embossed with clear embossing powder and colored with water-based markers. Distress Oxide ink was used for the background and the panel was die cut with a stitched rectangle die.

The sentiment was heat embossed with white embossing powder onto black cardstock and die cut with a stitched rectangle die.

The background panel of white cardstock was embossed with a script embossing folder and all of the layers were mounted onto black cardstock.

A bow of black seam binding was added before mounting the main focal image panel was adhered to the card front with dimensional foam.

A clear glitter pen was used to add shimmer to the petals and an extra fine white paint pen to add a few highlights to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets: Lilac (Technique Tuesday), Fear Not (Stamp Simply)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black, Stampin’ Write Markers- Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, Old Olive; Tim Holtz™ Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide;  Spectrum Noir™ Clear Glitter Pen, Extra Fine White Paint Pen

Cardstock/Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black, retired This and That Epic Day Designer Series Paper

Accessories: Gemini, Jr™, My Favorite Things Stitched Rectangle A2 STAX Set 1 Dies, Darice™ Script Embossing Folder, Embossing Buddy®, Clear and White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, AquaPainter™, ½” Black Seam Binding

Thanks so much for taking the time to visit- I hope you will stop by again soon!  Hugs, sweet friends!

4 comments:

Diane said...

Beautifully colored lilac and beautifully designed card!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

CherylQuilts said...

Julie, this is exquisite, and I love the beautiful Scripture verse. I congratulate you on working through the SCS sketches and am so inspired by you in so many ways. Thank you for sharing all the details of how you've created your cards. Hopefully, I will get more energy and motivation to try my hand at some watercoloring. I trust you and Dave are doing well and keeping safe and well. Continuing to pray for you and appreciate your prayers. Hugs! xoxo

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful layout and Lilac. Thanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.

Kathy
DD DT

Darlene said...

Absolutely beautiful Julie! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Lavenders~Lilacs~Purples’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...