Saturday, May 9, 2020

CAS Be Still and Know


Hi Friends!

I hope all of you are continuing to stay healthy during this pandemic.  My hubby and I are enjoying our time together at home and I am spending more time in my craft room for sure!

Today I am sharing a quick Clean and Simple (CAS) card I created for a FB May CAS Card Theme Event   based on their inspiration photo.  I was inspired by the dandelion and the dark background (although my background did not turn out as dark as I had hoped :-)).

I pulled out a set that I not used in ages- the Agapanthus Thank You stamp set by Stampendous and paired it with a verse sentiment from one of my favorite Stamp Simply sets- Words of Encouragement (I love the fonts on this set, don't you?)!

To create this card, sponge distress oxide inks onto white cardstock (the cardstock I used for the main stamped panel was from my stash and does have a slight glossy type coating). 

Once you are satisfied with the color, use an embossing powder tool to de-static the panel, stamp the floral images and sentiment with embossing ink and heat emboss with white embossing powder.

Spritz a bit of water to create a slight bokeh effect, trim the panel and mount with dimensional foam onto a white card base.

Use a clear glitter pen (hard to see in the photo) to add some shimmer onto the flower heads and the card is finished!

Stamp Sets: Agapanthus Thank You (Stampendous), Words of Encouragement (Stamp Simply)

Ink/Mediums: Versamark™ , Distress Oxide- Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Peacock Feathers;  Spectrum Noir™ Clear Glitter Pen

Cardstock/Paper:  Whisper White, coated White (from my stash- not sure of manufacturer)

Accessories: Embossing Buddy®, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Stencil Brushes

I am so thankful that you took the time to visit- I hope you will have a chance to stop by again soon!  Hugs, sweet friends!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...