Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Just Believe- My Grace is Sufficient



Hi Friends!

I am finally having a chance to upload some of the cards that I designed recently and this card uses a set by Altenew, Just Because and a verse from the retired Verve stamp set, Scripture Medley 4.  

I am still working on inking up stamps that I have not inked before- this is only the second card that I have created with this image from the Just Believe stamp set and I do not recall ever inking up this particular verse sentiment from the Verve set.

This was a very simple card to design- I stamped all of the images in a black archival ink and colored the florals with alcohol markers.  

Once I was satisfied with the colors, I used a clear glitter pen on the petals of the flowers and an extra fine white paint pen to add highlights.

Trimmed the panel and mounted onto black cardstock before adhering to a white card base- quick and easy!  Compared to my normal layering, distressing, etc. style, this is Clean and Simple (CAS) for me.

I wanted to participate with a few online challenges so I am linking this card to the Retro Rubber Blog Challenge #134 “Spring Flowers” and the CAS on Friday #179 “Use Your Fav Flower Stamp”- this Altenew floral stamp set is fast becoming one of my favs and the main floral panel is all one layer :-)

The Retro Rubber Challenge Blog requires that you use stamps that are at least a year or more older- the Altenew, Just Because set is from 2018 and the Verve Scripture Medley 4 stamp set is from 2017.

Stamp Sets: Just Because (Altenew), Scripture Medley 4 (retired Verve Stamps)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black, Spectrum Noir™ Alcohol Markers- OR1, LG3, CG1, CG3, DP2, DP3, VB2, AP2, BGR1; Spectrum Noir™ Glitter Pen, Extra Fine White Paint Pen

Cardstock/Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black

Accessories: MISTI™ Stamping Tool

Thanks again for taking the time to visit- hugs and I hope you have a blessed week!

6 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Gorgeous card, Julie, and I really love that verse -- so true! Hugs and love! xoxo

Wilma de Korte said...

How nice! I love the bright Colors:-)
Thanks for joining us at CAS on Friday!

Jan Clothier said...

What a bright bouquet! Nicely balanced design too. Thanks for playing along with us again at Retro Rubber Challenge.

creative lady said...

Beautiful card! I love the coloring and the layout of your card. Thank you for joining Retro Rubber Challenge blog.

Claire Grantham said...

Such beautiful colouring and I love how you used the flowers to frame your large quote. Really lovely. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

LeAnne said...

Lovely card, Julie...the flowers are beautiful and complement the scripture so nicely! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...