Monday, August 10, 2020

Be Still and Know



Hi Friends!

I am still making a concentrated effort to use some of my older stamps in my stash and this card was designed with the retired Sketches stamp set (Stampin’ Up!) along with a sentiment from the current Stamp Simply set, Words of Encouragement.  

I have not inked up this image from Sketches in ages and thought it would be perfect for the Simon Says Monday “Summer Memories” Challenge.
As a child and young adult, I recall taking my sketch pad along with me when we would go on vacation, so this image reminds me of those summer memories.

Also as I mentioned in previous posts, I am working my way through the 800+ sketches at Splitcoaststampers and this card uses the SC11 Sketch for the layout (thankfully the SCS challenges never end and this sketch is from 2005). 

I incorporated the colors from the Sunday Stamps #237 "Going Cool" Color Challenge (mainly the top three colors along with a shade of the bottom pinkish color :-)) along with the Joy of Sets Tic-Tac-Toe #20 Challenge (diagonal Blue- Button-Emboss).

I hope you have had the chance to check out the above challenge sites, such wonderful inspiration from all!

To create this card:

De-static a piece of white cardstock with an embossing powder tool, stamp the image and sentiment onto the panel with black archival ink, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.

Watercolor the image with water-based markers and distress oxide ink.  Once satisfied with the coloring, add a horizontal water line with a waterproof black pen.

Die cut the image with a stitched square die, mount onto black cardstock and trim close to the edge.

Create the photo corners with a square punch (cut the punch on a diagonal and hand trim the corner area).  Mount onto the opposite corners and add silver brads.

Emboss a piece of white cardstock with a lattice embossing folder, trim and mount onto a black card front (4” x 5 ¼”).  FYI-  I actually had this embossed piece of cardstock already in my scraps, love being able to use up some of my stash :-)

Add the focal image to the card front, adhere a piece of black satin ribbon onto the lattice embossed area (wrapping the ends behind the panel) and mount onto a white card front.

Adhere the three buttons (I used scraps of black cardstock to mimic thread for the centers and hot glue to adhere to the card front).

Use a clear glitter pen to add shimmer to the water and finish off the card.

Stamp Sets: Sketches (retired Stampin’ Up!), Words of Encouragement (Stamp Simply)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black; Stampin’ Write Markers-Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise, Island Indigo, Smoky Slate, Tip Top Taupe; Tim Holtz® Tumbled Glass and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide; Clear Wink of Stella™, Faber-Castell® Extra Fine Black Pitt Pen

Paper/Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black

Accessories/Tools: Gemini, Jr™, retired Square Lattice Embossing Folder (Stampin’ Up!), My Favorite Things Stitched Square STAX Dies, Embossing Buddy®, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, AquaPainter™, Black Satin Ribbon (from my stash), Buttons (retired Stampin’ Up!), Silver Brads, Square Punch

I am so thankful that you took the time to visit- I hope all of you have a blessed week!

9 comments:

Melissa Grant said...

Very pretty Julie. Your background looks lovely using the colors. Glad to see your older stamps being used:) Thanks for sharing with us at SUNDAY STAMPS.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Very pretty!

Heather said...

Beautiful, Julie - lovely scene and I LOVE the sentiment! So nice to see the oldies get some love - your coloring is always perfect! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

stampwithamyk said...

Such a beautiful image! Love it in the shades of purples and blues. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Fiona said...

Gorgeous card Julie - a girl after my own heart to give love to old sets - hence my Facebook Group Joy of Sets where we can still bring out those old sets and love them - thanks for joining in with us again at JOS Tic Tac Toe

Angie McKenzie said...

Ah-mazing card, Julie! The watercoloring is perfect and the three buttons are a perfect match. Makes me want to do some card sketches with my feet in our pond... Thanks so much for participating in this month's #JOSTTT020 challenge.

traighpapercrafting.wordpress.com said...

Such a beautiful card Julie, I love all of the texture and the button detail. Thanks for joining in with our challenge at #JOSTTT020 this month.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Ahhh, so gorgeous, love the colors. Your sky is beautiful. Pretty buttons and oh the Square Lattice folder, lol. I discovered it too late and remember buying 5 A2 embossed mats off someone on Etsy, but then I found the folder on Ebay and scooped it up. Love that folder and yes, yay for Stash. XOX

Fiona said...

Congratulations Julie you've been chosen as our monthly winner - please contact me to join us for October's challenge as Guest Designer - Fiona , DT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...