Monday, August 10, 2020

Tea Party


Hi Friends!

This card was designed with the retired Trust God and Gentle Thoughts stamp sets from Stampin’ Up! using a stacked designer paper technique for the background.

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I am slowly working my way through the over 800 sketches at Splitcoaststampers and this card uses the SC128 Sketch for the layout (I did modify it a bit).

I also have a personal goal to try to ink up some of my older (and neglected) stamp sets.  Gentler Times is from 1999 or so and I have not inked up this image in years, so when I saw the International Art & Soul #89 “Tea Party” Challenge, I knew I would have to join in, lol!


I have so many favorite tools, it is hard to choose just one but I tend to use my heat tool for almost every card), so I would say my heat tool is my favorite tool :-)

I hope you have had the chance to check out the above challenge sites, gorgeous inspiration from all!

To create this card:

De-static two pieces of white cardstock with an embossing powder tool, ink the tea party image from Gentle Thoughts and the verse sentiment from Trust God with black archival ink, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.

Once the embossing has cooled, die cut the verse sentiment with a stitched circle die, mount onto another circle cut from black cardstock.

Watercolor the tea party image with water-based markers and distress oxide inks.  Once you are satisfied with the coloring, fussy cut the image and mount onto black cardstock.  Fussy cut around the edge of the image, set aside.

For the background, stack two pieces of designer paper together and cut on the diagonal across both sheets together.

Adhere the pieces of designer paper onto a white card base, separating a bit to create a quilted look (you will have two card bases from this technique).

Emboss the panel with a tin tile embossing folder, trim and mount onto black cardstock.

Add a strip of black satin ribbon, wrapping the ends behind the back of the panel and mount the entire panel onto a white card base.

Mount the sentiment with chipboard (or dimensional foam) and add the tea party image using a double layer of chipboard.

To finish off the card, add a few pearls to the edges of the sentiment layer and use a clear glitter pen to add shimmer to the flowers.

Stamp Sets: Gentler Times, Trust God  (retired Stampin’ Up!)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black; Stampin’ Write Markers- Crushed Curry, Pineapple Punch, Old Olive, Garden Green, Pool Party, Soft Suede, Poppy Parade; Tim Holtz® Twisted Citron Distress Oxide; Clear Wink of Stella™

Paper/Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black; retired Park Lane Designer Series Paper

Accessories/Tools: Gemini, Jr™, Tin Tile 3D Embossing Folder (Stampin’ Up!), Embossing Buddy®, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, AquaPainter™, Black Satin Ribbon (from my stash), Pearls

Thanks again for taking the time to visit- I hope you have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Josephine said...

Fabulous layering!

Thanks for joining us at International Art and Soul!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Stunning card, love the texture and proper English teatime vibe! XOX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...