Wednesday, August 19, 2020

TCC138d Sunset on the Shore



Hi Friends!


We have a beautiful inspiration photo for our last summer challenge (we will be back for our Fall/Winter challenge in September) and I was inspired by the overall sunset scene with the pretty seashells as well as the shades of pinkish purple.  I can just imagine sitting on the beach and watching this sunset, can't you?  

For this Mixed Media card, I decided to pull out some of my retired Stampin’ Up! stamps (Stippe Shells, Gorgeous Grunge, Timeless Textures) along with a verse sentiment from a current Divinity Designs LLC set, Scripture Collection 11.

I love this verse from the Scripture Collection 11 and have not stamped this verse in a while (if ever).  I am still focusing on inking up my "unloved" stamp sets and in addittion to my Divinity Designs LLC Scripture Collection stamp sets, the Stampin' Up! sets used for this card will remain in my collection (I love the seashells in the Stipple Shells, they are so realistic).

As those of you who follow my blog know, I am making an effort to complete a card for each of the Splitcoaststampers Sketches (they are at #815 now and I have finished over half so far, woohoo!) :-).  

With that in mind, I thought that the SC17 Sketch  would work well for the layout and will also be linking this card to the Word Art Wednesday #452- #453 “Anything Goes” Challenge (another one of my favorite challenge blogs).

If you have not had a chance to visit us at The Card Concept (or the other challenge sites yet), I encourage you to do so- fabulous inspiration from all! 

To create this card:

Using a stencil brush, apply distress oxide inks onto a piece of white cardstock – first, applying Fossilized Amber for the sun area and reflection, then applying Spiced Marmalade and Picked Raspberry for the sky/water areas.  Keep applying ink as needed and use a water brush to create the horizon line and tapping water (I used my fingers) to blend the ink and create the clouds.

Dry the panel thoroughly with a heat tool before inking the sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool. Trim the panel to 4” x 5 ¼”. 

Tear the edge of a piece of Sahara Sand cardstock, stamp the splatter images with Vintage Tea Archival ink as well as inking the torn edge.  Mount onto the sentiment panel and trim the edges.

Use a water brush to water down the pearl texture paste to add shimmer to the embossed “sand”. 

Adhere the entire panel onto black cardstock, trim close to the edge.

Ink the Stipple Shells images onto white cardstock using Versafine Onyx Black ink, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.

Another view of the shells and colors :-)
Watercolor the shells using distress oxide inks along with water-based markers.  Once satisfied with the coloring, fussy cut and adhere to the card front with chipboard or dimensional foam.

Finish off the card by applying shimmer to the seashells with a clear glitter pen.

Stamp Sets: Stipple Shells, Gorgeous Grunge, Timeless Textures (retired Stampin’ Up!), Scripture Collection 11 (Divinity Designs LLC)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black, Tim Holtz® Distress Oxide- Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry and Vintage Tea Archival; Stampin’ Write Markers- Crushed Curry, Berry Burst, Crumb Cake, Baked Brown Sugar; Faber-Castell® Texture Luxe™ Pearl, Spectrum Noir™ Clear Glitter Pen

Cardstock/Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Sahara Sand (all Stampin’ Up!)

Tools/Accessories: Gemini, Jr™,  Pretty Print Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder (retired Stampin’ Up!);  Embossing Buddy®, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, AquaPainter™, Claritystamp™  Stencil Brush

Thanks again for taking the time to visit!  I hope I have inspired you to create your own card based on our {Sunset at the Short } photo and link up to our gallery at The Card Concept- we would love to see what inspired you! The challenge is open until August 31st   at noon EDT.

5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness... Julie, this card is STUNNING!!!

Aimeslee Winans said...

So beautiful, Julie! XOX

StampinwithAnita said...

Striking card, Julie! Perfect for the sketch!

Sharon Madson said...

Beautiful, Julie! I might have to CASE this one because I have that set. But I know it won't turn out as beautiful as yours!

Karen Letchworth said...

These colors are stunning, Julie. You are so talented. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful art with us.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...