Sunday, June 12, 2022

TCC177 Make It Masculine - In Wilderness Buffalo

 


Hi Friends!

Welcome to the #177 Make It Masculine Challenge at The Card Concept! 

I was inspired by the wilderness images, the stitching between the squares on the pillow as well as the autumn colors in our inspiration photo to create a Vintage and Shabby/Mixed Media card using the retired Stampin’ Up! set, In Wilderness along with retired papers and embellishments.  

In fact, I was finally feeling a bit creative and created two different card designs and this is the first of the two.

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I have a personal goal to create cards using stamps and supplies that I already own (and have not inked up in a while) as well as a card for each of the over 900+ Splitcoaststampers’ Sketch Challenges (I was able to incorporate Sketch #SC882 into the design of this card).  

I also incorporated the Alphabet “E is forEmbossing- Wet or Dry” Challenge (this card has both types) and the Word Art Wednesday #547-#548 “Anything Goes” Challenge into the design.

If you have not had a chance to visit our Design Team/gallery at The Card Concept Challenge, or the other challenge sites,  I hope you will find time to do so- gorgeous inspiration from all!

To create this card:

De-static a piece of vanilla cardstock, stamp the buffalo image with Versafine™ Onyx Black ink, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.

Once the embossing has cooled, color the image with water-based markers and 
die cut with a stitched rectangle die.

Mount onto espresso cardstock, trim close to the edge.

Trim a piece of vanilla cardstock to 5 ¼” x 4”, mount onto a piece of 5 ½” x 4 ¼” espresso cardstock. 

Cut two pieces of designer paper for the background (approx. 3 ¾” x 2”), emboss with a quilt embossing folder, distress the edges, attach to background lightly with adhesive.

Distress the edges of a 2” x 3 ¾” strip of espresso designer paper, attach over the background lightly with adhesive and a zig-zag stitch around the edges.

Mount the background panel onto a 5 ½” x 4 ¼” white card base.

Mount the buffalo image onto the card front with dimensional foam (or chipboard). 

Heat emboss the sentiment using the same steps as the buffalo, trim the panel, mount onto espresso cardstock and adhere to the card front with dimensional foam.

Finish off the card by creating photo corners from espresso cardstock (I cut a square by hand, cut on the diagonal, then used scissors to create the little notches).

Stamp Sets:  In Wilderness (retired Stampin’ Up!)

Ink/Mediums:  Versafine™ Onyx Black, Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress Oxide, Stampin’ Write Markers- Soft Suede, Gray Granite, Early Espresso, Gumball Green

Cardstock/Paper: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso; retired designer papers (Stampin’ Up!) and Authentique Thankful Collection

Accessories/Tools: Big Shot™, Quilt Top Embossing Folder (SU!), My Favorite Things Stitched Rectangle STAX, Sanding Block, Distressing Tool, Embossing Powder Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool,  Sage Twill Ribbon

Thanks so much for stopping by- I am slowly getting back to a point where I can start blogging again.  I apologize for not posting as often as I normally would, but I have been working on rearranging my entire home and still have many boxes to unpack and put away. 

It is my goal to try to find a “home” for everything and have different “zones” in my home (for ex: library/study, gift wrap station, Bible Journaling area, etc.).  Since I have been focused on this goal and in addition to mowing, trimming bushes and outside maintenance that my hubby used to do, I have not had a chance to create any cards. I miss being creative for sure!

I hope you have been inspired to join us with our #177 Make It Masculine Challenge at The Card Concept!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...