Friday, November 20, 2015

F4A300 Prayerful Thoughts Quilt

Hi Friends!!


The 300th challenge details are to create a project using one of the first ten “Free For All” Challenges and I chose the F4A7 “Make a Quilt” Challenge along with the CC556 Color Challenge and CAS350 “To Grandma’s House We Go” Challenge (although this card could also qualify for the F4A1 "Textures, Colors & Patterns" that you normally would not use together- I truly struggle with pinks and reds together :-)).

I always remember the colorful quilts at my grandmother’s house- they were made from scraps and most of them were what she called popcorn quilts but I decided to create a bright colorful quilt for my card.

I hope you will find the time to come play along- check out the gallery for the F4A300 entries as well as the CC556 Gallery and CAS350 Gallery- wonderful inspiration from all!!

I chose the Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps (SNSS) Prayerful Thoughts for the sentiment (I thought it would be perfect for this quilt theme)- if your day is sewn together with prayer, it is definitely less likely to become unraveled for sure!

This is a very easy card to create- emboss the background with the Chevron and retired Square Lattice Embossing Folders, cut the quilt from the different color challenge cardstocks along with white, put the quilt together onto scrap paper, emboss with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder, punch apart with the 1” Square Punch, layer with dimensional foam onto cardstock, stamp the sentiment from the SNSS stamp set and cut with a stitched square die, layer onto Real Red cardstock, add the lace onto the embossed card front, mount the quilt panel and sentiment, add the Bow Builder Punched Paper Bow with the button along with Pearls to finish off the card.


Ink: Real Red

Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, retired Primrose Petals

Accessories: Big Shot™, Chevron and retired Square Lattice Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folders, MFT Stitched Square STAX Dies, MFT Blueprints 20 Dies, Bow Builder Punch, 1” Square Punch, retired Brights Collection Button, White Crochet Lace from my stash, Pearls


Thanks again for stopping by- I hope you have a fantastic Friday, my friends!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...