Wednesday, January 8, 2020

TCC126 Time to Celebrate





Hi Friends! 



I absolutely love this gorgeous inspiration photo- all of the black, gold, glitter and pearls!  The entire photo inspired me to create a Mixed Media Classy & Elegant easel card for our Anniversary this month- I know, but men can like ribbon and pearls :-).  

I pulled out some of my retired papers and stamps along with a sentiment from a current stamp set, God Verses 2 from Divinity Designs, LLC (formerly Our Daily Bread Designs).  


The clock image was from the retired Stampin’ Up! Sense of Time stamp set and the paper was from the retired SU! Mocha Morning Designer Series.  I still have quite a bit of this paper left in my stash and love the detail of the flocked pages as well as the elegant golds and browns.  

The clock image was initially heat embossed with pewter embossing powder onto white cardstock and once cooled, Nuvo Indian Gold Embellishment Mousse along with distress ink were added to give shine and dimension.  

The same technique was used for the sentiment (but with gold embossing powder versus pewter). 

The retired Script background stamp was used with distress ink to add additional interest to the background of the clock.


*As I mentioned, this card will be my Anniversary card for my hubby and will be hand-delivered to him versus mailed (but it will be “sent”).  

Stamp Sets:  Sense of Time, Script background (both retired Stampin’ Up!), God Verses 2 (Divinity Designs LLC)

Ink/Mediums: Versamark™,  Tim Holtz™ Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink, Nuvo™ Indian Gold Embellishment Mousse

Cardstock/Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, retired Mocha Morning Specialty DSP (all Stampin’ Up!)

Tools/Accessories: Big Shot™, Tim Holtz™ Sizzix™ Alterations Clock EF, Embossing Buddy®, Pewter and Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Pearls, 1" Black Satin Ribbon, Gold Trim. MFT Dies- Stitched Circle STAX, Stitched A2 Rectangle Set 1; Sizzix™ Circle Dies

Thanks again for taking the time to visit!  I hope I have inspired you to create your own card based on our {Time to Celebrate}  photo and link up to our gallery at The Card Concept- we would love to see your interpretation!! The challenge is open until Monday, January 20th at noon EST. 

2 comments:

Esther Asbury said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous, Julie! A perfect take on the inspiration photo!

StampinwithAnita said...

Such a work of art, Julie! I am sure your husband loved it. It looks like a 3D timepiece. Looking forward to seeing more from all of the DT this year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...