Saturday, January 18, 2020

Chalkboard Birthday



Hi Friends!!

I am sharing a card this morning that I designed using the Chalkboard- Birthday stamp from Divinity Designs, LLC along with retired Stampin’ Up! Trim the Tree designer series paper stack.  

I have owned this stamp for several years and this is the first time I had a chance to ink up the Chalkboard- Birthday image (love using my stash- the paper was retired a few years ago as well :-))

I incorporated the Splitcoaststampers (SCS) SC758 Sketch Challenge for the layout and am also linking to the Just Add Ink #488 10 Year Anniversary Challenge (what a great milestone!) and the A Place to Start January “Anything Goes” Challenge- optional twist CAS (Clean and Simple) .  This card was very simple for me but I am not sure if it could qualify as a CAS card by all.

The main focal image was stamped with black ink, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I added a bit of layering with designer paper and black cardstock just using a trimmer (versus my favorite dies).  


The card seemed a bit plain to me so I added the black ribbon- hopefully the recipient (my nephew in law) did not feel that it was too feminine (although the gift card that was inside most likely made up for it :-)).

If you have not had a chance to visit the above challenge sites, I hope you will take the time to do so- gorgeous inspiration from all!

Stamp Sets: Chalkboard- Birthday (Divinity Designs LLC)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black

Cardstock/Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black; designer series paper from the retired Stampin’ Up! Trim the Tree Designer Series Stack

Accessories: Embossing Buddy®, Clear EP, Heat Tool, ½” Black Seam Binding

I am so thrilled that you took the time to stop by! I hope you have a fabulous weekend and you are able to drop in again soon!

7 comments:

Chantell Randall said...

I'm sure your Nephew in law would have loved this card - it's so bold and strong. I like the black bow, it goes well with the bold image. Chantell Just Add Ink

Jan said...

This is a great Male birthday card, Julie. I love the graphical nature of your design and how the strips of DSP take on an anchoring role. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink in our special celebration challenge.

Chana Malkah said...

This is gorgeous! I love the tartan background! Very nicely crafted! Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place To Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner

Chana Malkah said...

Congratulations! You have been chosen as a Rising Star at A Place To Start! Please stop by our blog and grab your badge!
The Resident Designers

KimB said...

Masculine cards are always a challenge but the bold graphic nature and the strong colour contrasts really give this impact and a masculine vibe Julie! Thanks so much for joining us for our 10 year anniversary at Just Add Ink. Kim

Jaxx Crafty Creations said...

Smashingly awesome card, Julie. Such a fabulous design for a masculine creation. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink and participating in our Birthday celebrations. xOx Jackie

Susan Hogan said...

Great masculine card. Love the blackboard style. Perhaps not so CAS but a lovely card. Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start for our January challenge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...