Monday, March 16, 2020

Living Water- I Will Never Leave You



Hi Friends!

I am back to share another card that I had a chance to create recently using a few current stamp sets along with some of my retired papers.

As I have mentioned in previous posts, I am making a concentrated effort to ink up some of my stamps that have not seen ink in a while as well as use some of my other supplies.  At this point, I am concerned that I could stamp many cards every day for the rest of my life and possibly not use up all of my paper, lol! 

The problem is that the manufacturers keep making pretty papers and I need to stop buying!  Some women buy clothes, shoes and jewelry and some women buy art/craft supplies (I fall into the latter category for sure)!

Also, as mentioned before,  I am going to simplify my normal “step by step” process so I can post the numerous finished cards I have ready to share.  If you have a question on any of the steps taken to create this card, please ask in the comments and I will give you more details.


The main focal image on this card is from the current stamp set, Living Water from Divinity Designs LLC and the sentiment is from the current Stamp Simply set, Fear Not (one of my favorite stamp sets for sentiments lately).

I have not inked up the Living Water image in quite while and while I had the stamp set on my craft table,  I stamped several of this image for future cards. 

Many of you that follow my blog know that I am slowly working my way through the Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenges (in my personal effort to create a card for each of their 790+ sketches ) and I used the SCS SC376 Sketch for the layout.

In addition to the Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge, I am also participating with the Color My Heart Color Dare  # 384 “Greys + 2 Colors of Your Choice” Challenge (I chose Green and Light Aqua Blue) and the Word Art Wednesday #430-#431 “Anything Goes” Challenge.

To create this card:

The image and sentiment were both stamped with an archival black ink onto white cardstock and the Living Water scene was colored with watercolor pencils and water-based markers.

I had the embossed gray background in my stash ready to go and all of the layers were mounted onto black cardstock.

I did use a clear glitter pen over the water (but it is a bit difficult to see in the photo) and I have added all of the other supplies, etc. below.

Stamp Sets: Living Water (Divinity Designs LLC formerly Our Daily Bread Designs), Fear Not (Stamp Simply)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black; Stampin’ Write Coastal Cabana Marker; Derwent™ Watercolor Pencils- Silver Gray and various other grays, Emerald Green, Sap Green; Spectrum Noir™ Clear Glitter Pen

Cardstock/Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Smoky Slate (all Stampin’ Up!); misc. green plaid designer paper (not sure of manufacturer)

Accessories: Gemini, Jr™, Spellbinders™ Stately Circle Dies, Square Lattice Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder (retired SU!), AquaPainter™, Heat Tool, Silver Cord, Rhinestones

Thanks again for taking the time to stop by- I hope all of have a great week, sweet friends!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful! Such a peaceful scene. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Simply gorgeous. Love your coloring and color choices. XOX

Vandra said...

The colour choices were great. I love your colouring. Thank you for sharing with us at Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge, I hope you can join us again soon.

Sue said...

Great interpretation of the sketch and love your color choice with the greys....very pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...