Saturday, March 14, 2020

Cast Thy Burden Upon the Lord



Hi Friends!

I pray that all of you are staying safe and well with the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.  One benefit of being retired is that we stay home most days throughout the week unless we have an appointment, and of course, church activities primarily on Sunday. 

I am thankful that my husband and I have both accepted Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, so we know the One Who holds the Future!  Therefore, we are being cautious but not fearful and I have peace knowing that "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain"  (Phil 1:21- one of my favorite verses).

As I hope all of you are doing, we are also taking precautions with being careful regarding hand shaking, and of course, washing our hands more frequently than normal!   

In the meantime, I am still trying to ink up some of my stamps that have not seen ink in a while as well as use some of my other supplies.   I have been stamping like crazy and am having fun, but unfortunately, I am not the quickest typist in the world and it seems to me that posting to my blog takes so much time, lol!  

I now have over fifty different cards photographed and ready to share, so I need to get busy posting!

So, in an effort to post the many cards that I need to post, I am going to try to simplify my normal “step by step” process.  

I originally started my blog ten years ago in an effort to help newcomers learn the techniques and steps needed to create a card, but I believe that most of you that visit my blog are now “experienced”.  If you have a question on any of the steps taken, please ask in the comments and I will give you more details.

Tonight I am sharing a card that I designed using the retired Stampin’ Up! sets, Countryside and Blessings from Heaven along with the SU! Warmth and Wonder designer series paper stack. 

I have not inked up either of these sets in a while and while I had them out, I stamped several of the truck images for future cards (I need to replenish my masculine card stash).

Many of you that follow my blog also know that I am also working my way through the Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenges (in my personal effort to create a card for each of their 790+ sketches ) and used the SC106 Sketch for the layout.

In addition to the SCS Sketch, I am participating with the SUO Challenges #244 “Coloring” Challenge, the Cards 4 Guyz #240 “Something that starts with an “F”” Challenge (“F”= Farm Truck, Farm Apples sign) and the Simon Says Wednesday “Use Some Green” Challenge.

To create this card:

The images were stamped with an archival black ink and the truck was water colored with pencils and markers.  The plaid background panel was embossed with an embossing folder and a few rhinestones were added to finish off the card (see all items used below).

Stamp Sets: Countryside, Blessings from Heaven  (both retired Stampin’ Up!)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black; Stampin’ Write Markers- Granny Apple Green, Call Me Clover, Real Red, Smoky Slate; Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Pencils- Real Red, Basic Black; Clear Wink of Stella™

Cardstock/Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black, retired Warmth & Wonder Designer Series Paper Pack (all Stampin’ Up!)

Accessories: AquaPainter™, Heat Tool, Big Shot™, retired Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Black Rhinestones

Thanks again for taking the time to visit my blog- I hope all of have a wonderful and healthy week, sweet friends!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sher’s Shop here! ( I entered the F theme for Cards4 Guyz, also)
I love your Antique truck selling produce card. The truck just POPS on the front. Well done!

Kampin' Karen said...

Gorgeous coloring and an awesome card. I know what you mean about blogging. I'm a fast typist but so much thought has to go into a post. Yes, it is a blessing to know He holds the future. R.C. Sproul said this, “If there is one single molecule in this universe running around loose, totally free of God’s sovereignty, then we have no guarantee that a single promise of God will ever be fulfilled.” Have a blessed week. You are amazing!

Renee Daley at StampKnowHow.com said...

I love the layout and coloring of your card. It is nice to see some masculine cards too. Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges and we hope that you will come and share with us again soon!

Heather said...

Oh Julie, gorgeous coloring, as always! My Da has an old farm truck just this color, I really had to smile when I saw this card. Love that embossed DSP background, too - so striking! Thanks so much for playing at SUO!

Cazro said...

A wonderful farm truck. I love the background red tartan, a fabulous contrast. Thanks for sharing with us at Card 4 Guyz. Caz. DT

Christy Lynn said...

What a fabulous card! Great job coloring the truck image and I love the plaid background with it. Thanks for joining us at SUO Challenges, hope to see you in our gallery for the new challenge starting today!

Heidi Weaver said...

You never disappoint, Julie. A wonderfully designed card, perfect with its Farm Truck and Fresh Apples. I love the colours you've taken from the background, in colouring the images. Thanks so much for sharing with us for our Cardz 4 Guyz Challenge this fortnight.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Another beautiful stamping job and sketch execution. I'm not an SU person really but I do like that truck. Julie, I am glad to know you and your hubby are taking care of yourselves. My Honey and I are blessed to be retired as well and are cocooning at home. I pray we all survive to feel God's Grace, take good care! XOX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...