Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Sympathy Skyline





Hi Friends!!

This morning, I am sharing a Clean and Simple (CAS) Mixed Media card that I designed using two stamps sets currently available at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps- Landscape Silhouettes and Tender Thoughts.

I needed to restock my supply of sympathy cards and thought that the Splitcoaststampers SC42 Sketch Challenge  would be great for the layout (woohoo, another sketch, now only approx. 450 or so to go :-)) and I love the font on the "With Deepest Sympathy" stamp from the Tender Thoughts set.

In case you have not seen my previous blog posts, I have a personal goal to create a card for each of the Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenges and they now are up to sketch #791 thankfully the challenges never expire :-)).

I am also playing along with the CASOLOGY #363 “Skyline” Challenge (most of their Design Team had city skylines so hopefully a nature skyline will qualify) :-). 

To create this card:

On a piece of acetate (I used a clear envelope that had saved from stamp set packaging), tap a bit of Tumbled Glass, Broken China and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide Ink onto the acetate. 

Lightly spritz the ink with water, fold the acetate together to “smoosh” the ink, insert a piece of white cardstock and press the ink onto the paper.  Keep repeating until you are satisfied with the results.

De-static the panel with an embossing powder tool, ink the landscape image with Versafine™ Onyx Black Ink (I used my MISTI™ tool to ink up a few times) and stamp onto the panel.  Apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool. 

Trim the panel and mount onto a piece of black cardstock, trim close to the edge.

De-static a piece of white cardstock for the background, ink the sentiment with Versafine™ Onyx Black Ink and stamp onto the panel (below where you will position the focal image panel).  Apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool. 

Trim the background panel, mount onto black cardstock and trim close to the edge.  

Mount onto a white card base.

Mount the focal image using dimensional foam to finish off the card.

Stamp Sets: Landscape Silhouettes, Tender Thoughts (both Sweet ‘n Sassy Stamps)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black;Tim Holtz™ Distress Oxide Inks- Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Picked Raspberry

Cardstock/Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black

Accessories: MISTI™, Embossing Buddy®, Clear EP, Heat Tool, Acetate Envelope, Water Spritzer

I am so thankful that you took the time to visit my blog- hugs and I hope you have a fabulous week!

4 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love it, Julie! I have that stamp set, thanks for the inspiration, XOX

karen h said...

Wonderful card! Love that background! Thank you for joining us at CASology!

Jacquie Southas said...

This is so lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!

Deepti Stephens said...

Beautiful card, I like the background. Thanks for joining the fun at CASology. Good luck. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...