Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Country Road- A Man Plans His Course



Hi Friends!!

This evening I am sharing a card that I designed using the current Country Road (Stampin’ Up!) set along with a verse from the current Godly Man stamp set (Stamp Simply).

This is the first card that I have created with the Country Road stamp set (although I have owned it for over a year- so little time, lol!).  I love the images in the set and thought that this verse sentiment from Stamp Simply would be perfect!


To create this card:

Cut open a clear acetate envelope (I used one that I had saved from a clear stamp set packaging), open the envelope and tap a bit of Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers and Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide Ink onto the acetate. 

Lightly spritz the ink with water, fold the envelope together and use your fingers to “smoosh” the ink, insert a piece of white cardstock (I used a piece from my stash that has a slight wax coating) and press the ink onto the paper.  

Keep repeating this process until you are satisfied with the results (I also used a water brush with some of the ink to even out the splatters in places).

Use a heat tool to thoroughly dry the panel, ink the wheel and grass images from Country Road with Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide Ink and stamp onto the lower part of the panel (again, drying the ink with a heat tool).

De-static the entire panel with an embossing powder tool, ink the weathervane image with Versafine™ Onyx Black Ink (I used my Stamparatus™ tool to line up so I can stamp the image a few times) and stamp onto the panel.  Apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool. 

Repeat the above process with the tall grass image and heat set the black ink with clear embossing powder.

Once the embossing as cooled, die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle die (saving the portion of the background that you can use for the lower part of the card). Trim the remaining background panel to card front size and mount onto black cardstock (trimming close to the edge).

Dry emboss a piece of gray designer paper (this is a piece from my stash) with a woodgrain embossing folder, cut on an angle for the sketch elements and layer onto black cardstock.  Adhere the layers and add a strip of 1” black satin ribbon.
Mount the entire background layered panel onto a white card base.

Adhere the main focal image with dimensional foam or chipboard (I have been using scrap chipboard lately).

Heat emboss the sentiment from the Godly Man stamp set, trim to a rectangle and mount onto black cardstock.  Add the sentiment to the card front using dimensional foam or chipboard for the area that is not attached to the main focal image.

Use an extra fine white paint pen to add highlights to the grass and finish off the card.

Stamp Sets: Country Road (Stampin’ Up!), Godly Man (Stamp Simply)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black;Tim Holtz™ Distress Oxide Inks- Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, Hickory Smoke, Seedless Preserves; Extra Fine White Paint Pen

Cardstock/Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black;  misc gray designer paper (not sure of manufacturer)

Accessories: Gemini, Jr™,  Woodgrain Textured Impressions™ Embossing Folder, MFT Stitched Rectangle A2 STAX Set 1,  Embossing Buddy®, Clear EP, Heat Tool, Acetate Envelope, Tim Holtz™ Water Spritzer, 1" Black Satin Ribbon 

I had fun creating this card and hope I have inspired you to get "inky" this week! 

Thanks again for taking the time to visit- I have been busy creating and plan on posting more cards shortly (I have 50+ card designs that I have created recently and not posted to my blog yet, yikes!!)!  Hugs and I hope you have a blessed week!

9 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fantastic background you created for your weather vane Julie - it makes the black really stand out. I'm surprised this is the first time you've used this set - it's very much your style. I'm sure there will be lots more where this came from! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, love the background.

LeAnne said...

I love this set, and your background is so cool with the weathervane in the foreground! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week! Terrific take on the challenge!

Anne Marie Hile said...

All around gorgeous, Julie! I love the colors you used for the background, the black embossing really stands out beautifully. Thanks for the inspiration to use this stamp set, too. Thanks so much for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

laurie said...

Wow what a neat background!! awesome card...thanks for playing along at The Paper Players this week!

Julie B said...

Great use of the sketch, makes a great backdrop for your stamping.
Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guyz. :)

CherylQuilts said...

Dearest Julie, all of your cards inspire me so much, and I especially love cards that are wonderful for men. Masculine cards are so hard for me, but this card is amazing. I love the how you've used the new SU set and really love the Stamp Simply set with the verse. It's gorgeous and such a wonderful message. Hugs and love! xoxo

Jaydee said...

Julie, what a fabulous background and the black focal point and sentiment work so well against it. So glad you joined us at the Players last week
hugs
jaydee

Dawn Phillips said...

That's really lovely. Beautiful colours. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...