Monday, March 16, 2020

By The Seashore- Thy Word


Hi Friends!

Here is another fairly quick and easy card!  This is the first time I have stamped the verse image for this card (although I have owned it for at least a year)!  I love the mixed fonts on this, don't you?  

I am so thankful that I had the time to pull out this verse stamp along with the seashore set and combine it with this retired paper!  I have been hoarding this paper and when I saw the inspiration photo at the Just Add Ink #436 Inspiration Challenge, I thought it would be perfect!  Obviously, I was inspired by the starfish, the beach and water, well all of it for my card :-) 

In addition to the Just Add Ink Challenge, I am playing along with the As You See It #221 “Preferences-My Fav Card to Make is …. ” Challenge.  My favorite card to make is any card using Scripture.  

I love to use a particular Scripture/Bible Verse on a card to encourage the recipient (even on birthday cards) and I know that some of the recipients have told me that they display the cards year round.   

This card uses the Typografia in Faith set, Thy Word is a Lamp (from STAMPlorations) for the sentiment and the retired By the Seashore (Stampin' Up!) for the seashell/starfish images and the splatter image from One Wild Ride (currently available from Stampin' Up!) around the sand and seashells.  

To create this card:

De-static the piece of designer paper (I used the retired Scenic Scenery Designer Series Pack from Stampin’ Up!).  I thought this piece of dsp looked just like the photo (or almost, lol!). 
Stamp the verse image, Thy Word is a Lamp directly onto the designer series paper (dsp) with archival black ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.

Stamp the shell/starfish images onto white cardstock with archival black ink, heat emboss with clear embossing powder and once cooled, watercolor with water-based markers and fussy cut.

Layer the background panel onto black cardstock, stamp the “sand” with the splatter stamp around the bottom and side of the panel with archival brown ink and adhere the seashells/starfish using dimensional foam (or chipboard, my preference lately).

Mount onto black cardstock, trim and mount onto the white card base.

Use a clear glitter pen to add shimmer to the sand and shells and the card is finished!

Stamp Sets: By the Seashore, One Wild Ride (retired/current Stampin’ Up!), Thy Word is a Lamp (current STAMPLorations)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black; Stampin’ Write Markers- Crumb Cake, Flirty Flamingo; Tim Holtz® Distress Archival Vintage Photo; Spectrum Noir™ Clear Glitter Pen

Cardstock/Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black; retired Scenic Scenery DSP pack (all Stampin’ Up!)

Accessories: AquaPainter™, Embossing Buddy®, Heat Tool

Thanks again for taking the time to stop by- I hope all of have a wonderful week staying healthy, sweet friends!

7 comments:

KimB said...

You beautifully captured a seaside feel with so many elements of your card Julie. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Chantell Randall said...

I totally agree, the mixed fonts are great, I really like how the Verse is the hero of the card. Chantell Just Add Ink

Jan Clothier said...

Your card is so lovely! The seashells are glorious embossed then watercoloured like this. That was the second stamp set I ever had and I still love it. I like that the scripture verse is the hero but the other elements support it. It deserves to be framed and kept. Thanks for joining in with us again at Retro Rubber Challenge.

Jan Clothier said...

Oops -clearly I've not had enough coffee his morning, Julie. Of course I meant thank you for joining in with us at As You See It Challenge. The stamp set had me thinking of Retro Rubber instead!

Heather Cooper said...

Julie, you've done such a gorgeous job with that background. Perfect for a seascape! And I love your treatment of the shells. Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenges.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Julie what a beautiful piece of scripture and it pairs with your beachy paper perfectly. The addition of the shells adds interesting detail without detracting from the main focus. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your card with us over at As You See It for our current challenge!

LeAnne said...

Love this, Julie! What a great idea to stamp it on that beachy paper, and your shells and starfish finish the theme perfectly! Thanks for playing with AYSI this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...