Saturday, July 4, 2020

God Bless the USA!


Hi Friends!

Happy 4th of July to all of my friends in the USA!  To celebrate Independence Day, I finally had a chance to ink up the new Stamp Simply Old Glory and Patriotic Sentiment stamp sets and use the coordinating Patriotic Stars and Stripes (Old Glory) dies (all from Stamp Simply). 

When I saw this bundled set at the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store site a month or so ago, I just had to purchase it!  I know, I do not need any more stamp sets, but I love all things patriotic and fell in love with both the stamps and dies!

I pulled out the Patriotic Collection 6x6 Paper Pad from Divinity Designs LLC and also included ribbon, lace and silver cord from my stash.

I will be linking this card to the Always Fun Challenge #169 “Patriotic”  along with the Color My Heart Color Dare #401Inspiration Board Challenge (I was inspired by all of the patriotic images, colors along with the woodgrain behind the pinwheels). 

I had stamped the USA image several times with waterproof ink and while watching TV, used watercolor pencils and water-based markers to color.   

Once colored, I used the coordinating die to die cut and also cut a few extra dies from white cardstock (for layering to create more dimension).  I still have a few more of the USA images now in my stash for future cards :-)

The pieces of designer paper from the Patriotic Collection (Divinity Designs LLC) were trimmed and mounted onto red cardstock before adding the crochet lace and ribbon (wrapping the ends of the ribbon behind the panel). 


A bit of silver elastic cording was looped before adhering the sentiment directly to the lower panel. 

The USA image was mounted onto two additional die cuts from white cardstock before adding chipboard and adhering to the card front (over the looped cord).

The card was finished off with a few die cut stars along with rhinestones and the entire panel was mounted onto a white card base.

Stamp Sets: Old Glory, Patriotic Sentiments (Stamp Simply)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black, Derwent™ Watercolor Pencils- Reds, Blues, Stampin’ Write Markers- Real Red, Night of Navy

Cardstock/Paper:  Whisper White, Real Red; Patriotic Collection (Divinity Designs LLC)

Accessories: Gemini, Jr.™, Patriotic Stars and Stripes Dies (Stamp Simply), AquaPainter™, Heat Tool, Silver Elastic Cord, 1” Red Satin Ribbon, White Crochet Lace, Rhinestones

Thanks again for taking the time to visit- I hope all of you in the United States have a safe and healthy Independence Day celebration! 

Praying that our country will return to God and that God will continue to bless America!

5 comments:

A.Rose said...

Wow! That’s all I can say! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Great image and love how you put the silver twine and lace behind it...beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Susan Renshaw said...

Super 4th of July card!
Thank you for sharing with Color My Heart Color Dare!
Susan
Color My Heart Color Dare
Challenges

Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Alyson Mayo said...

What a terrific patriotic card (and I’m not from the US)! Love that country/flag image. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

Cat Nowak said...

Amazing! What a stunning patriotic card! Thank you for playing with us at Color Dare!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...