Wednesday, July 8, 2020

I Have Put My Trust In You



Hi Friends!

I am sharing another quick card that was designed the My Favorite Things™ Quilt Cover Up Die along with the retired Verve stamp set, Good Work.

I am trying to ink up my stamp sets and use my dies that have not been used ever (or in a while) and both of these items have been in my craft room for at least a year and not used at all.

I love playing along with online challenges and will be linking this card to Word Art Wednesday#446-#447 “Anything Goes” Challenge and the Double D “Stitches” Challenge (I was inspired by the bottom half of the inspiration photo and used a quilt top embossing folder to add faux stitching to the quilt).

If you have not had a chance to visit the challenge sites yet, I encourage you to do so, wonderful inspiration from all!

To create this card:

Using a tin tile embossing folder, emboss a piece of white cardstock, trim to a 5 ¼” x 5 ¼’ size and mount onto a 5 ½” square piece of black cardstock.  Mount the layered background panel onto a 5 ½” white card base.

Die cut the Quilt Cover Up die from black, red, yellow and blue cardstock.  Tip- I apply Press ‘n Seal™ to back of the die cut before removing from the die and it helps with keeping all of the pieces together.

Paper piece the quilt together onto a piece of white cardstock (I cut the white cardstock slightly smaller than the actual size of the finished die).  

Emboss the entire quilt panel with a quilt embossing folder and mount onto the card front using dimensional foam (or chipboard).

Using Versafine™ Onyx Black Ink stamp the sentiment onto white cardstock, apply clear embossing powder and heat set with a heat tool.  Once the embossing has cooled, die cut with a banner die.  Mount onto black cardstock and trim close to the die cut edge.

Mount the sentiment to the card front and finish off the card with a yellow button in the center of the quilt (I used black hemp twine for the "thread").

Stamp Sets: Good Work (retired Verve Stamps)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black

Cardstock/Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy (all Stampin’ Up!)

Accessories: Gemini, Jr.™, Dies- MFT Quilt Cover Up, Tall Banner STAX; Quilt Top and Tin Tile 3D Embossing Folders (Stampin’ Up!), Daffodil Delight Jumbo Button, Black Hemp Twine, Embossing Buddy, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

Thanks again for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Beautifully designed quilt card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Ginny Maxam said...

Hi Julie, I love your card I am a quilter too! Love that you are using things that you already have, the verse looks perfect with this. Great to see scripture on the card!

Darlene said...

WOW! Absolutely beautiful! Great job on the faux stitching and the quilt colors are so striking! Great interpretation of our mood board too! LOVE it!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Stitches’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...