Monday, July 20, 2020

CC800_CC752 Sound of the Sea




Hi Friends!

I have been busy this week creating a few cards for the #800 Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers(SCS).  Normally, the SCS Color Challenge consists of one set of colors but this week to celebrate the milestone of 800 challenges (wow!) they have six different color combos (one for each hostess).

I did not think I would have time to participate with all the combos but decided to make that a challenge for myself :-)  I was able to complete them all and will be posting each card in a separate post.

In order to save time (posting is so time consuming for me, lol!), I will be summarizing the creative instructions.  If you have any questions about any of the techniques or steps taken , please let me know in the comments.

This card uses the C800_CC752  Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight and Flirty Flamingo along with the dessert option of an embossing folder.
 
This color combination reminded me of summer so I decided to pull out an Artistic Outpost stamp and paired it with a verse sentiment from Divinity Designs, LLC.  


The main image was stamped with a waterproof ink and watercolored using ink from the ink pads in the color challenge.

The image and sentiment were hand trimmed and matted onto cardstock before using the Splitcoaststampers SC412 Sketch for the layout (another one of my personal challenges is to make a card with every one of the SCS Sketch layouts- this sketch was from 2011).  

I am also linking this card to the Hand Stamped Sentiments #343 Photo Inspiration Challenge (I was inspired by the beach theme as well as the seashells and ocean).

Stamp Sets: Sound of the Sea (Artistic Outpost), Scripture Collection 9 (Divinity Designs, LLC)

Paper/Cardstock: Whisper White, Flirty Flamingo, Pacific Point

Ink/Mediums: Stampin’ Classic Pads- Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo, Pacific Point

Accessories/Tools: Gemini, Jr™, retired Square Lattice Embossing Folder, AquaPainter™, Heat Tool, 1 ¼” Pacific Point Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Rhinestones

Thanks again for stopping by- I will be posting the remaining five cards shortly, I hope you can check back again soon!

1 comment:

Creations in paper said...

Love your interpretation of our Inspiration photo. Very clever. Thanks for playing along with us at HSS.

Robbie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...