Friday, July 24, 2020

Three Decoys- CAS in Grays


Hi Friends!

While I had the Three Decoys stamp from Impression Obsession on my desk, this is another card that I designed pairing it with a verse sentiment from A Godly Man (Stamp Simply).  

I have owned the wood mount Three Decoys stamp for years and it is still available as cling, wood mount or a digi version from Impression Obsession (see here).  This stamp was designed by Gary Robertson and I absolutely love his line art work stamps.  

FYI- I am not receiving any compensation from promoting either I/O stamps or Stamp Simply- I just love both companies!

I also enjoy participating with online challenges and will be linking this card to the A Bit More Time toCraft #120 “Anything Goes” Challenge along with the Splitcoaststampers Cleanand Simple CAS595 “Cloudy Days” Challenge (use only grays).

If you have not had a chance to visit the above challenge sites yet, I hope you will do so- wonderful inspiration from all!

This card was extremely easy to create- stamp both the decoy image and sentiment with archival black ink onto white cardstock and heat emboss with clear embossing powder. 

Watercolor the decoy image with ink from distress oxide pads along with water-based markers and watercolor pencils.  Once dry, trim the panel and mount onto black cardstock and adhere to a white card base.

To finish off the card, using a water brush, dilute a bit of pearl texture paste and watercolor the moon.

Stamp Sets: Three Decoys (Impression Obsession),  A Godly Man (Stamp Simply)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black, Tim Holtz® Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide;  Stampin’ Write Smoky Slate Marker; Stampin’ Up Black Watercolor Pencil; Faber-Castell® Texture Luxe™ Pearl

Paper/Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black

Accessories/Tools: AquaPainter™, Embossing Buddy®, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

Thanks again for taking the time to stop by- I am planning on posting a few more cards this weekend, I hope you are able to visit again soon! Hugs and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...