Friday, July 24, 2020

I Can Do All Things



Hi Friends!

I am having a great time this week organizing a few areas of the house (mainly the kitchen) and decided to take a moment to create a few cards using a set that I have owned for over 17 years and have not inked up in at least 15 years- Early Spring (from the 2003-2004 Stampin’ Up! IBC Catalog).

While I had this stamp set out, I stamped a few of each of the floral images and created a total of six cards.

I decided to pair this card with a current stamp set from Stamp Simply, Words of Encouragement and added a few retired Stampin’ Up! buttons, designer paper and lace from my stash.

 I used the Splitcoaststampers SC330 Sketch Challenge (from 2011) for the layout and also incorporated the Sunday Stamps #235 "Bright and Beautiful" Color Challenge into the design.

I am also playing along with the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog #139 “Buttons Galore” Challenge (as I mentioned above, the Early Spring stamp is 17 years old and the Retro Rubber Challenge Blog is all about using older stamps- right up my alley:-)). 

If you have not had a chance to visit the above challenge sites yet, I hope you will do so- wonderful inspiration from all!

This card was fairly easy to create- the image and sentiment were heat embossed with clear embossing powder, water-based markers were used for the watercolor, a bit of layering, lace and buttons and the card was done!

Stamp Sets: Early Spring (retired Stampin’ Up!),  Words of Encouragement (Stamp Simply)

Ink/Mediums: Versafine™ Onyx Black, Arteza™ Trimarkers™- Nectarine, Florescent Orange, Lime, Forest Green; Stampin’ Write Tangelo Twist Marker; Tim Holtz® Broken China Distress Oxide; Spectrum Noir™ Clear Glitter Pen, Sharpie® Extra Fine Paint Pen

Paper/Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, misc. retired Stampin’ Up! designer paper

Accessories/Tools: AquaPainter™, Embossing Buddy®, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, 5/8” Black Satin Ribbon, White Crochet Lace, retired Stampin' Up! Pumpkin Buttons

Thanks again for stopping by! I am hoping to catch up on posting more cards soon- hugs and have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

Julie, this is gorgeous! I love how you used the color combo and all the different elements on your card! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps!

Heather said...

Just gorgeous, Julie - your coloring always blows me away! What a perfect combo of elements! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Jan Clothier said...

Beautiful colouring and technique, as always. The extra elements - lace and buttons - are perfect. Thank you for joining us again at Retro Rubber Challenge.

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful detailed and colors flower panel! And that lace trim is gorgeous!! Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

creative lady said...

Love the colors and layout of your card! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...