Saturday, April 23, 2016

One Layer Mixed Media Card- Congrats, You Did It!



Hi Friends!

I wanted to share one more card that I created this morning that is a bit different for me- this is a one layer card.  That’s right, no layering at all, just score your cardstock , fold and stamp on the front.

Sounds simple, right?  Well, for this shabby-chic, vintage, Mixed Media , have to lots of layers, etc. artist, trust me, it is not!  I truly admire those artists who can design Clean and Simple cards as well as One Layer Cards :-)

Why do it, you ask?  For me, I like to stretch myself and try different techniques and styles so all of my cards do not look the same- lol!  Plus, it makes life interesting to try something new...


If you have not had a chance to visit the above challenge galleries yet, I encourage you to do so- it always amazes me how many different cards can be designed with one color, sketch or theme challenge!

To create this card:

Using sticky note paper, create a rectangle mask on a folded piece of retired Naturals White cardstock.

Create additional masks for the moon/sun and hills, use a Sponge Dauber to apply Pool Party and Pink Pirouette to the sky area and Mossy Meadow to the hills.

Remove the masks and de-static the cardstock with the Embossing Buddy®.

Ink the locomotive image from Traveler with Versamark™ and stamp onto the card front, apply Stampin’ Emboss® Black Embossing Powder and heat set with the Heat Tool.

Repeat the above steps with the sentiments from the soon to be retired set, Bravo.

Add shadows with the Tip Top Taupe Stampin’ Write Marker and white highlights to the train with the Chalk Marker (retired).

Finish off the card by adding a few birds to the sky with a Faber-Castell® XS Black Marker.

Stamp Sets: Traveler, Bravo

Ink: Versamark™, Mossy Meadow, Pink Pirouette, Pool Party; Stampin’ Write Marker- Tip Top Taupe, retired Chalk Marker; Faber-Castell® XS Black Pitt Pen Marker

Paper: Naturals White

Accessories: Paper for masking, 1 ¾” Circle Punch


Thanks again for stopping by!!  I hope you have a wonderful weekend, my friends!

3 comments:

CreativeLady said...

Hi Julie. I love your card. All your work on your masks paid off. It looks great and a lovely color combination. I have trouble making one layer cards too.

Jenny said...

Wonderful card! You are one talented lady.

Heather said...

Your layout is wonderful; I love the way the sentiment works perfectly with the picture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...